We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Needed On My Itinerary

malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Advice Needed On My Itinerary

My family (me, wife, 13, 11 and 6 year old kids) will be going to HK from 15 to 22 Dec, and we need some advice on our itinerary this is our first time to HK. Below is our trip plan :

(15/Dec) Saturday

Day 1 : Arrive at HK 9pm / Check in CHI Residences 314

Question : How to go CHI Residences 314 from HKIA?

(16/Dec) Sunday

Day 2 : Snoopy World / Man Fat Sze(take photo) / Che Kung Temple (take photo)/ Wong Tai Sin Temple(take photo) / Science Museum / Victoria Harbour (Avenue of Stars, Sky 100, Symphony Of Lights, Clock Tower)

Question : Is it too heavy schedule for Day 2?

(17/Dec) Monday

Day 3 : Star Ferry(TST to Wan Chai) / Golden Bauhinia Square / Stanley / Mid-Levels Escalator / Victoria Peak (by Peak Tram) / Central (Tiffany & CO.) / Ding Ding Tram

Question : Is it OK for my Day 3 schedule? How to take transport from Wan Chai to Stanley --> Mid-levels escalator --> Victoria Peak tram station --> Central?

(18/Dec) Tuesday

Day 4 : Ocean Park / Temple Street Market

Question : How to go Ocean Park from CHI Residences 314?

(19/Dec) Wednesday

Day 5 : Check out CHI Residences 314 / Macau (departure 9.30am from HK) stay at Venetian Hotel

Question : Which ferry terminal should I departure from HK to Macau?

(20/Dec) Thursday

Day 6 : Macau(until 1pm) back to HK(around 2pm) /Space Museum / Mongkok Market(Ladies Market, Fa Yuen Str Market) / check in Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Question : Is it OK for my Day 6 schedule?

(21/Dec) Friday

Day 7 : Full day Disneyland (stay at Disneyland Hollywood Hotel)

(22/Dec) Saturday

Day 8 : Hotel check out at 12pm / Ngong Ping 360 / Po Lin Monastery / Big Buddha / HKIA( by 9pm flight)

Question : Is it OK for my Day 8 schedule?

Any kind advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

Did I see breath in there???

I don't have any 13 & 11 year olds any more, but my experiance with them is they get bored very easily. Taxi's are cheep in Hong Kong, and I think to get to/from some of these and not waste time (some places you note you only have time for a photo).

Some points, hopefully others will add some other comments for you.

"Mid-Levels Escalator" - what are you expecting to get out of this.....it's 17 escalators strung together that go through an area where you would stop without the children for a few beers and watch ther world go by. To get on at the botton and off at the top, you might as well go to a shopping centre and go round 17 times.

"Victoria Peak (by Peak Tram)" the queues build up as the day goes on, you might find yourself waiting in a queue at the bottom if you get there just as the tour buses. The trouble with booking a particualar day at this time of year is that the peak often gets covered in cloud. Suggestion - leave this flexiable, lean out the hotel room inn the morning and if it looks clear, head up straight away to miss the queues.

If you take the star ferry from TST to Central, then short walk to the bus station where you can get the 260 or 6X bus that goes to Stanley market. Same bus back.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

Hello questionMalaysia

Sorry for the delayed response. Your post got sort of buried under a rather large pile of new posts over the past few days. Some additional input below.

>>>>Day 1 : Arrive at HK 9pm / Check in CHI Residences 314. Question : How to go CHI Residences 314 from HKIA?<<<<

CHI Residence is directly on Nathan Road so you can take the airport bus A21 or a taxi. Taxi might be preferred since you are arriving so late at night but if you are comfortable with using airport buses, the A21 is quite appropriate for you and drops off very near to your hotel. Bus has plenty of luggage space and price is HK$33 per adult, HK$16.5 per child.

>>>>(16/Dec) Sunday: Day 2 : Snoopy World / Man Fat Sze(take photo) / Che Kung Temple (take photo)/ Wong Tai Sin Temple(take photo) / Science Museum / Victoria Harbour (Avenue of Stars, Sky 100, Symphony Of Lights, Clock Tower)Question : Is it too heavy schedule for Day 2?<<<<<

This should be ok. Its a full day but perhaps not too busy. Just keep in mind that Man Fat Sze requires a steep climb up hill so good that you've included this one earlier in the day. Weather is cool this time of year so you won't have to worry about heat. Your 6 year old will enjoy Snoopy World but your older children will find this one a bit boring. Thats ok because it is in between Man Fat Sze and Che Kung Temple. So you can stop by, in New Town Plaza on the way to Che Kung Temple. Have a look at this trip list for Sha Tin. It helps explain how to do this.

A Day in Sha Tin

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24058-A_Day_in…

After you've spent time in Sha Tin, make your way to Hung Hum MTR Station and you can visit the Science Museum.

Before or after the excellent Science Museum, perhaps you kids might enjoy a lunch at the Charlie Brown Cafe, which is just a few minutes walk away on Cameroon Road. See link (w/pictures). This would round off your earlier visit to Snoopy World. ;-)

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

I might suggest retiring to your hotel to rest after this and then making your way to Victoria Harbor before the Symphony of Lights which is at 8pm.

Hope this is useful.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

>>>>>(17/Dec) Monday: Question : Is it OK for my Day 3 schedule? How to take transport from Wan Chai to Stanley --> Mid-levels escalator --> Victoria Peak tram station --> Central?

For bus transportation between Wan Chai and Stanley, see this recent thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k592…

For your return to Central, just have a quick look at expert - Solenttraveller's bus (Central to Stanley) suggestions in the following thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k535…

From the Mid-level Escalator to the Peak, you can walk (12-15 minutes) to the lower terminus and take the Peak Tram. Map is available on The Peak Website.

Hope this is helpful.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

>>>>(18/Dec) Tuesday: Day 4 : Ocean Park / Temple Street Market

Question : How to go Ocean Park from CHI Residences 314?

See this thread. The same advice applies.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k502…

MTR to Admiralty. Take Bus 629 directly to Ocean Park. You can even buy your park entry tickets at a ticket booth they have set up at this Ocean Park (bus 629) queue.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

>>>>Day 5 : Check out CHI Residences 314 / Macau (departure 9.30am from HK) stay at Venetian Hotel: Question : Which ferry terminal should I departure from HK to Macau?<<<<

I would take taxi the short distance to the Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal in Kowloon. There are regular departures to Macau from there, ferries leaving every 30 minutes.

The Venetian has buses waiting at both Macau ferry terminals to whisk you away to the hotel so it doesn't matter much which Macau based ferry terminal you seek.

For more information about how to travel to Macau from Hong Kong, see Top Question (FAQ) - How to visit Macau on the right hand side of this page.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

>>>>(20/Dec) Thursday: Day 6 : Macau(until 1pm) back to HK(around 2pm) /Space Museum / Mongkok Market(Ladies Market, Fa Yuen Str Market) / check in Disneyland Hollywood Hotel: Question : Is it OK for my Day 6 schedule?<<<<

I personally think this schedule is a bit too busy as it will take you a bit of time to travel to Disney and check-in, after arriving back in Hong Kong. Then you would need to travel to both Mongkok and TST harbor area to visit the two intended attractions. I would choose between these two.

The Mongkok Markets can be quite fun, a fun place to spend in the evening and its a child-friendly area. The Space Museum on the other hand, is not one of our better museums. As such, I'd consider dropping this one. Here is a link (w/pictures) if you want more of our thoughts on the HK Space Museum.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294217-d3…

Hope this is useful.

London
Level Contributor
417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

You could either get the Airport Express train to Kowloon Stn (20 mins) and then get a taxi (10 mins) to CHI Residence or taxi (40 mins) all the way.

If you do not speak Chinese you should have your address written down in Chinese or use this chi-residences.com/assets/…taxicard_314.pdf

Day 2 can be done, the Symphony of lights starts every day at 8pm.

Day 3 can be done, I suggest you get the Star Ferry to Central where you can 15c bus to the lower Peak tram terminus and get a bus from Victoria Peak to Stanley market. Mid Level escalators (inbetween Admiraty & Central MTR Stn) goes pass Hollywood Rd famous for art and antiques shops.

Day 4 Go to Wan Chai MTR Stn and get the 4B, 4C or 40 bus to Ocean Park, Temple St night market is 5 mins walk away from Chi Residence.

Day 5 HK to Macau Ferry Terminal is next to Sheung Wan MTR Stn, I suggest you get a taxi there if you have luggage/suitcases if not get the MTR from Jordan Stn.

Day 6 can be done, the Space Museum (located in TST) again? Ladies Market - Tong Choi St (is similar to Stanley and Temple St market i.e. (gifts/souvenirs), Fa Yuen St (sports wear) and Sai Yeung Choi St (electronic goods) are next to Mong Kok MTR Stn.

Day 7 If you are not tired from Disneyland check out Citygate shopping outlet (open until 10pm) at Tung Chung MTR Stn.

Day 8 Can be done.

You should think about being more flexible apart from Macau of course, like the Paul_n_Chris stated Big Buddha, Ngong Ping 360, Sky 100 & Victoria Peak will be disappointing on a cloudy day. Think about where all the attractions are North & South of HK Island, TST, Mong Kok, Lantau Island and use discoverhongkong.com for any additional info you need.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

>>>Day 8 : Hotel check out at 12pm / Ngong Ping 360 / Po Lin Monastery / Big Buddha / HKIA( by 9pm flight): Question : Is it OK for my Day 8 schedule?<<<

Should be no problem. For information about luggage holding facilities see the following link.

tripadvisor.com/…44412738

This could make a nice way to end your trip to Hong Kong. Please let us know if you have further questions.

malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

Thank you so much for yours advicing.

malaysia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice Needed On My Itinerary

hi there, can anyone give me the exact direction (walking) from the mid-level escalator (where to exit? l'll be riding somewhere near soho) to go to the lower peak tram. I want to ride the tram up to the peak. i'll be going to the escalator just to get the experience of riding it and i wanted to get to the lower peak as soon as i can, is walking too far or should i take a taxi instead?

as from the peak, if i go down by the tram to the bottom of the peak, can i board the 15C bus to the ferry terminal (star ferry to tst) or must i ride it all the way from the top of peak?

thanks