We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

Our younger child has not been to The Peak, and has not taken Ding Ding Tram in HK before, so I am considering taking Tram from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station,then take tram up during late afternoon, and have dinner there.

Could someone enlighten me how's the route like, I did look up the website that shows the East Bound and West Bound routes, but am still confused,specially where to board and alight,which is nearer to our destination.

We will be staying in Excelsior Hotel in CWB.

TIA!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

From Excelsior Holel, need to walk to the closest ding ding tram stop. Probably this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/4R5RE

You can reach it via the pedestrian walkpaths and Patterson Street. The tram stop is on Yee Woo Street.

Take a west-bound tram. Basically any one except the one that goes to "Happy Valley". For eample: Western Market, Kennedy Town, Witty Street, they will all work.

Alight at this tram stop ("Cotton Tree Drive") near Admiralty:

http://goo.gl/maps/QLmBr

Then walk uphill along Cotton Tree Drive to the Lower Tram Terminus.

Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

Thank you for your fast and very useful directivons. I have problem understanding where to alight to get to the Peak tram station,your reply is very helpful! :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

Hi, from where you alight to approach Cotton Tree Drive, to know you are on right track, you should see HK Squash centre on your left--go along this path--then straight ahead, you will see the Lower Peak tram terminus across the road on your right.

You can use the Octopus card for the ding ding and also on Peak Tram.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
56 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

Ding Ding is so cheap, 2.30 per ride, maybe 10-12 minutes to exit to walk to Peak Tram. This is most fun way for sure.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,570 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

Ding Ding is half price for kids too. But coming back, if it's late, unless you want a hair-raising roller coaster ride on the bus (well, it was terrifying but fun,but I don't know if your kid is up to it) either take a taxi or the Peak Tram again. If you buy a return Peak Tram ticket it's cheaper than two singles.

6. Re: Tram ride from Causeway Bay to Peak Tram Station.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 16, 2013