We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK Disneyland trip

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
HK Disneyland trip

Hi guys, I'm trying to plan my trip to Hong Kong (mainly Disneyland) for next year> There will be 4 of us (me, husband, 2 kids aged 3 and 5. We have 3 holiday dates to choose from but I'm quite confused. Any tips will be appreciated.

January 7-10, 2013.

I understand that by this time winter holiday will be over and most schools already start. So will it be less crowded? Will it also be too cold for us? (We're from Indonesia where it's hot and humid all year long).

March 25-28

It's the weekdays before Easter break. Some schools already start their holidays. Will it be so crowded during this time? And what's the weather like in March?

June 17-20

Is it usually rainy during this time of the year? The heat I don't really mind since we're used to it. It's the rain and typhoon that we're trying to avoid. Is it also crowded in the weekdays? I think school holiday hasn't started yet at this time.

So what do you guys think? Which dates should we go for?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
5,748 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HK Disneyland trip

I usually would suggest the January option as I much prefer it in HK during the cooler months of the year. Its usually not bad and the temperatures quite pleasant. However, there is risk of bas weather that can make you feel (cold) which might not be a fun way to visit Disney.

Since you come from Indonesia, I suspect our June temperatures will not bother you much at all. So this might be a more ideal time, for you and your family. There is a higher chance for rain in June but at least it won't make you feel cold (like in January - if it rains).

March 25-28 consideration - mild weather and technically prior to our rainy season so temperatures can be quite pleasant. Also, some children will be out for Easter term and this will have some impact on the disney visitor numbers. However, do keep in mind that this is Hong Kong and its pretty much busy all the time, Disney included. So, I'm not sure how much you'll notice the slight swelling during the pre Easter week.

If you go early, at opening time you will be able to visit Disney comfortably prior to the crowds swelling. Also, weekday visit is a better idea than Saturday or Sunday.

Hope this helps you think about your options.

2. Re: HK Disneyland trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 06, 2013