We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Patna, India
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

Hi, we are a family of 4, with 2 kids aged 7 and 13 going to HK for the first time. Below is a tentative itinerary I have planned out. Pls be kind enough to review, comment and criticise. I know its a bit shopping and park heavy but thats how my wife and kids are...Pls tell me if I could make it more convenient...

21st October Sunday: Reach HKIA in the morning, transfer to Macau via Skypier

22nd October Monday : Macau

23rd October Tuesday–Macau to Hong Kong by Turbojet Macau Kowloon Service -> Taxi to Hotel Holiday Inn Golden Mile -> Check in -> Star Ferry TST –> Central Star Ferry Pier 7 - > Bus 15C -> Lower Peak Tram Terminus -> The peak / Madame Toussad -> Horizon Plaza, Ap Lei Chau -> Hotel -> Ladies Market -> Temple Street Night Market -> Jade Market -> Hotel

24th October Wednesday -> Mtr to Disneyland -> MTR to Hotel

25th October Thursday->Hotel to Sheung Wan by MTR - >Man Mo Temple -> The Landmark shopping mall -> Lock Cha Tea House -> 2 IFC -> -> Pacific Place -> Causeway Bay Shopping -> Times Square -> Lee Garden ->Sogo

26th October Friday: Hotel ->Taxi to Ocean Park -> Repulse Bay -> Stanley Market ->Hotel

27th October Saturday -> Ferry from TST to Central and the Slow Ferry from Central to Cheung Chau Island -> Fast Ferry Back to Central and then Ferry to TST Star Ferry Pier -> Harbor City Mall-> Rest of the day undecided…

28th October Sunday: morning Shopping in Elements Mall…Then airport express out to Airport and fly out of Hong Kong

Edited: 1:52 pm, October 17, 2012
Patna, India
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

i forgot to mention that we will be using Taxis other than MTR, not Bus...

Edited: 1:54 pm, October 17, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

23rd October - Bear in mind that the Jade Market closes at 6pm and some of the stalls close earlier.

26th October - Stanley Market closes at 6pm. If you're going to Ocean Park and Repulse Bay first you may have to restrict your time in Ocean Park to make it worth visiting Stanley Market. Ocean Park is a large park and really needs a minimum of about 6 hours to explore fully particularly if you wish to attend shows such as the "Sea Dreams" dolphin & sea lion show as well as taking in the animal enclosures, aquarium, cable car and numerous rides. However, 26th October is one of Ocean Park's special "Halloween Bash" days and the park stays open until midnight with Halloween Bash events starting from 5-30pm. Normal day admission tickets do not include entry to Halloween Bash and separate Halloween Bash tickets are required. There are different types of Halloween Bash ticket and you can find details and prices here;

halloweenbash.com.hk/en/…ticket-type.php

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

>>>>28th October Sunday: morning Shopping in Elements Mall…Then airport express out to Airport and fly out of Hong Kong<<<<

If the sky conditions are favorable, you might want to visit Sky100 Observation deck which can be accessed from Elements Mall. Its not great when we are suffering from air quality but offers fantastic views on good days and is a very young-person friendly attraction, lots of things to entertain and occupy children and youngers' minds while mum and dad admire the views. See link (w/pictures) if interested.

Sky 100 Observation Deck

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Have a nice trip.

Edited: 6:35 pm, October 17, 2012
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

I think if you really want to visit Repulse Bay and Stanley on the same day as Ocean Park, probably do those early and before Ocean Park. By the time you finish Ocean Park, most likely it will be dark. Can't see much at Repulse Bay. Markets at Stanley would be closed. And your kids will be tired from walking around Ocean Park and the rides. Guaranteed. :)

Patna, India
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

ok, here is the amended version based on the feedback...

23rd October Tuesday–Macau to Hong Kong by Turbojet Macau Kowloon Service -> Taxi to Hotel Holiday Inn Golden Mile -> Check in -> Star Ferry TST –> Central Star Ferry Pier 7 - > Bus 15C -> Lower Peak Tram Terminus -> The peak / Madame Toussad -> Horizon Plaza, Ap Lei Chau -> Hotel -> Jade Market -> Fa Yuen St. -> Ladies Market -> Temple Street Night Market -> -> Hotel

24th October Wednesday -> Mtr to Disneyland -> MTR to Hotel

25th October Thursday->Hotel to Sheung Wan by MTR - >Man Mo Temple -> The Landmark shopping mall -> Lock Cha Tea House -> 2 IFC -> -> Pacific Place -> Causeway Bay Shopping -> Times Square -> Lee Garden ->Sogo

26th October Friday: Hotel ->Taxi to Ocean Park -> Hotel

27th October Saturday -> Ferry from TST to Central and the Slow Ferry from Central to Cheung Chau Island -> Fast Ferry Back to Central and then Taxi to Repulse Bay > Taxi To Stanley Market

28th October Sunday: morning Shopping in Festival Walk…Check out of hotel , book luggage at Kowloon Station airport express , shopping at elements and Airport Express to Airport for 6 pm flight.

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

i think that tuesday 23 october is the chung yeung festival, when all hills will be crowded, including the peak. please check with our hk destination experts for the same

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

one destination expert, solenttraveller kindly replied to my question :

1. Re: peak visit - chung yeung festival

31 July 2012, 19:15

Destination Expert What's this?

for Hong Kong

Public transport to the Peak at Ch'ung Yeung festival is very busy and you could expect long queues for the Peak Tram. Peak Road becomes jammed with stationary traffic including taxis and buses, so best avoided although later in the day things quieten down a little. Ocean Park is also busy on public holidays and best avoided if possible. Disneyland will also be busy, otherwise attractions aren't really affected much by Ch'ung Yeun. Public transport to the major cemeteries such as those at Aberdeen, Chai Wan, Tseung Kwan O and Pokfulam is busy and ferries to Cheung Chau, which also has a large cemetery are busier than usual. Public transport to some of the more accessible hills such as Tai Mo Shan in the New Territories, popular for picnics at Ch'ung Yeung may also be busy and, as at most weekends and public holidays shopping malls and tourist markets will be very busy.

You'll probably find it more comfortable to visit The Peak and Ocean Park on another day and use the day of Ch'ung Yeung Festival to visit some of HK's other attractions.

Patna, India
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

Ok, Thanks a lot for the heads up...I will go to the peak some other day and catch a few malls listed for later on...

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

Thanks for your posts anurag_srives and reminding me of what I'd already forgotten!

23rd October is indeed a public holiday for Chung Yeung Festival.

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please review my 5 Day Hong Kong Itinerary

not at all, solenttraveller, it is we who have to thank you, for it is thru this forum that people like us have gained so much. i think that this forum symbolizes the internet at its best - selfless advice and sharing.

you guys are the best.