We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long will it take by MTR?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
How long will it take by MTR?

Hi,

From Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station to Causeway Bay MTR station, how long will it take me? From the map, it looks like I'll have to get off at Admiralty to jump onto the line to take me to Causeway Bay.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,202 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

Platform to platform journey time Tsim Sha Tsui to Causeway Bay is about 10 mins. At Admiralty Station change to platform 3.

You can use the MTR Journey Planner for an estimate of journey times;

www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/flash_eng/index.php

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

Yeah the MTR journey planner (#1) is a good tool for time and cost estimate. From Tsim Sha Tsui to Causeway Bay is really fast.

Typically, if go between Hong Kong Island and Kowloon side, taking the MTR is probably the quickest. If taxi and bus - they are subjected to tunnel traffic, which during mid afternoon can be bad. MTR subway ensures travel time - no traffic.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

Change at Admiralty as mentioned. All you have to do is cross to the other side of the same floor for Island Line.

Buses are a good choice to CWB only if you are staying at Tsim Sha Tsui East. They will be faster than the MTR.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

Thank you all for the recommendations. I am always in good hands for information on Tripadvisor.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

Or if you are in no rush of time, and lesser human traffic (Compared to HK denizens who are busy busy..very very rush..only MTR or taxi will do), take a nice stroll to Kowloon ferry pier and board Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour,and arrive at Central Pier,and from here, there are many bus routes to Causeway Bay--like 5x,and once you see Sogo Department store..press bell,and you are at Sogo ..and from here, you can walk it.

Or even bus route 307 from Central Pier,and alight at Admiralty station

CEBU CITY...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

where can i get this MTR Journey Planner?

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,202 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

Here;

www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/flash_eng/index.php

or if you have a mobile device download the MTR Mobile App or MTR Tourist App.

Edited: 7:42 am, October 16, 2012
8. Re: How long will it take by MTR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 18, 2013