We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
First visit

I am sure this question has been asked many times before but hear goes.

My wife and I will be visiting Hong Kong for 3 days at the end of January for a stopover after a tour of Australia. As this will be our first vist so what are the must do's while there?. We will be staying at a hotel in Kowloon and do not mind walking useing public transport. Any sugestions on where to eat would also be appriciated.

Thanks in advance

PEM

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,015 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit

for the must do's, please see the top questions on the right hand side of the screen. It is actually the first question.

For food, please give us some more of your preference... type of cuisine / budget / location... etc

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,578 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit

Do have a read of the Top Question as suggested by onelightyear, its one of the best ways to use the TA forums. You can also use the Search Box and just input 'must see in hong kong' or something similar to read past discussions asking the same or similar query to yours. This is probably the second best way to take advantage of the wealth of information stored on these forums.

For Hong Kong specifically, you can have a look at some of these trip lists which include TA reviews (w/pictures) of many of the popular attractions and activities here in the city.

Hong Kong Must See/Do Attractions

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-What_to_…

Best of Victoria Harbour

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i27892-Best_of_…

Mongkok Markets

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24685-Mongkok_…

Temples and Monasteries

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25656-Hong_Kon…

Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy your days in HK.

Edited: 7:00 am, October 12, 2012
3. Re: First visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:59 am, October 12, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit

What I would suggest for just the fews you are there:

- take the Star Ferry to Central, get on the 15 (not the 15C) bus to The Peak, take the same bus back. On the Peak, go to the roof of the Galleria, it's free.

- Go on the Mid Level escalators all the way up and walk back down. It is pointless but is so typical Hong Kong, you just have to experience it.

- take a "Ding Ding", the nice little trams to Wan Chai and either take the ferry back to Kowloon from there or walk back to Central feasting your eyes all the way (which I would recommend)

- on Kowloon side, only one unmissable thing in my eyes: Ladies Market and the hustle and bustle in Mong Kok. Eat something from the little stalls you will find along the way.

There is plenty of other stuff to do but I would suggest to just do a few things. All mentioned above for me give you a good feel of Hong Kong.

Some Tourist Traps to avoid: Avenue of the Stars, Symphony of Lights and the Peak Tram.

5. Re: First visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 15, 2013