We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
872 posts
319 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

We will be staying on the Kowloon side and then take a ferry to Macau, we will be staying at the Venetian in Macau. I have read some information that there are two different jetti's in Macau so I am wondering if the jetti we will arrive at is close to or far from the hotel?

How do we get to the hotel once having arrived at the jetti? Taxi? What would be the approximate cost?

We are allowed one checked in bag on these right? 20kg each?

From the information I have read it seems like Turbojet would be the best option for speed right? No issues with sea sickness and faster, I assume it will be around an hour or so to Macau?

Thanks in advance!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

Hi RainmanMumbai, in HK and to certain extent, in Macau--well connected and well integrated.

And given the size of Macau..from Macau Peninsula to Taipa..I think a portuguese egg tart of Margaret has not even fully digested you have arrived, or even a phone conversation from nagging mother in law ,with added items in shopping list has comes to an end...you could had arrived at Venetian, Sands Cotai and checking in..and still on the phone..for order of Koi Kei almond biscuits and peanut candy.

Edited: 11:50 pm, December 07, 2012
Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

mKiara - that is hilarious! Haah!

USA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

Valuable information.

My wife and I are off to Macau as part of her first trip to Asia in July.

We have flexibility in our schedule. To minimize customs...

Should we try to get to Macau on Friday vs. Saturday?

Better to arrive mid-day or try for first thing.

Our preference would be Saturday mid-day ferry, but if it is going to be a zoo, better to arrive early and spend an extra day in Macau.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,928 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

>> Our preference would be Saturday mid-day ferry, but if it is going to be a zoo, better to arrive early and spend an extra day in Macau. <<

Go on Friday as early as you can if possible, to maximize your time in Macau. The travel-time overhead is high for day trips.

If you go Saturday afternoon, you are competing with thousands of other Hong Kong office workers who customarily have Saturday afternoon off.

If you plan to stay a night at Macau, you should avoid the weekends for paying much higher hotel room rates.

USA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

Thank you for the quick response.

What if we go from Hong Kong to Macau on Sunday, staying a few days. How are in flow customs on Sunday?

46. Re: Ferry Questions Kowloon to Macau and then local transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 03, 2014