We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Hi,

1) The number 1 item on my shopping list is to buy a rice cooker. Where would you recommend I go? Would this place be fixed price or bargaining needed?

2) where would I find nice casual japanese china? I'm looking to buy udon bowls etc. Casual, not antique quality.

3) Supermarket selling Japanese and chinese food.

4) Chinese 'cheong sam' for little girls and the likes for boys. Inexpensive ones, not Shanghai Tang quality.

For now, this is it.

Central Market
Flea & Street Markets
Starstreet Precinct
Gift & Specialty Shops
Limestone
Gift & Specialty Shops
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

thank you for all the wonderful tips and for even thinking 1 step ahead of me. Voltage should be compatible and thanks for reminding me about the plug.

I will definitely want to check out the retail shop of Zojirushi.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
711 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Chinese 'cheong sam' for little girls: check out Bowring Street in Jordan as well. It's close to Temple Street and I remember there are a couple of stalls selling kids cheong sam, evening dresses and tux.

Hong Kong, China
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

For both rice cookers and all different types of bowls check out Japan Home Center. They are all over HK, there are 3 within walking distance of where I live. I pick up loads of things from them as the price is good and they usually have what I am looking for.

Homestead,Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Hello guys in hong kong. you have been giving such great advice I wonder if you can help me. I also need a rice cooker but it has to be commercial size for up to 60 cups like the one's you get in the restaurants for a friend catering business. I have been told I can find in the mongkok area but the hotel cant help as they dont have the name of a shop. I am in the causeway bay area but have no problems travelling to get it. I belive the brands are AROMA and BUFFALO that do them that big. I have the whole day tomorrow to find it.

thank you for your help in addvance

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,417 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Go to the restaurant supply stores on Shanghai St., Reclamation St., near Yaumatei or Mongkok MTR

Homestead,Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

thank you very much I will let you know how I get on.

Homestead,Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Hello Guys,

I have walked the entire length of shanghai street and Rec street can could not find one. I only found 2 shops with cooking things. the hotel tell me the same info to go to mongkok. am I missing something was 11am to early to go there. guy at hotel says he is sure he bought one on shanghai street couple of years ago but can remember the shop. I have one more day to find this thinh Help

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
22,480 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

Why buy from HK? Your friend will have to deal the different electrical requirement. Why not just get this from eBay?

19. Re: Shopping:Where will I find rice cookers, udon bowls...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 26, 2014