We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Hi. Just came across 3-in-1 Combo Package (round-trip Peak Tram, Madame Tussauds and The Peak Tower Sky Terrace admission tickets). Is it really worth it or we should do separately as I don't know if Sky Terrace is something not to be missed. Also, is it better to go during evening hours to The Peak or do a Star Ferry / Symphony of Lights Hong Kong Harbor Night Cruise or maybe both on separate days. Any help would be gr8 in planning our trip next week.

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

I believe the combo is a better value if you intend to do all the three attractions.

We did the Peak Tram (one way, took bus on the way down) and the Sky Terrace combo. I was disappointed with the Sky Terrace because it was really a crowded, cramped space and we went up there after our circular hike at the peak which afforded brilliant views on all sides of HK Island. I would still say that it is probably a must-do, particularly if you don't have the time to do a hike, go to other lookout points.

To see the nightime view from the Peak is highly recommended, the daytime view is spectacular but is not as crisp at this time of year as you would see in brochures due to the fog/clouds. It's good to go just before the sunset to catch both daytime and nightime views. But I think it is the busiest time for the Peak Tram and there may be long queues.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Thank you Virus. Probably will do as u suggested, in the evening hours. Any idea how far Madame Tussaud's would be from the Peak. From what I've checked, it seems to be only a few minutes away.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Madame Tussaud's is situated in the same building as the Peak Tram terminus.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

I think if you are going all that way to Hong Kong, and go through the trouble to go the Peak, it is worth paying the admission to go to Sky Terrace to have an >180 degree panoramic view of the Victoria Harbour. The "Money Shot".

There are a couple of places you can have the view too, free of charge - #1) The Pavilion. But usually very crowded. #2) The roof of the Peak Galleria structure - if you can find your way up there. But the view angle is narrow - mostly blocked by The Peak building.

On the other hand, I am not a big fan of wax museums.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Hi,

We are planning to buy Combo ticket for a Saturday. We will be arriving at the Airport at 10:30am, leave our things to a friend at Tsim Tsa Tsui then head there to buy tickets.

Does it include the Madame Tussauds in the Combo ticket?

Is it manageable if we aim going there after lunch then going to Macau through ferry at night to catch the Venetian? We have our hotel booking in Macau on that night.

Thanks!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

There are 2 types of Combo Package, either "2 in 1" which are for Madame Tussauds and Peak Tram or "3 in 1", which are for Madame Tussauds, Peak Tram and Sky Terrace;

madametussauds.com/HongKong/…Default.aspx

You buy tickets at the Lower Peak Tram Terminus on Garden Road

You should have time to do this in the afternoon. The combo ticket allows you to avoid the queue at the Peak Tram ticket office. Madame Tussauds has its own ticket office at the Lower Peak Tram Terminus and, having purchased tickets, you can pass straight through the Peak Tram platform entry barriers.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Thank you for the advice.

In the package of "3 in 1", which is for Madame Tussauds, Peak Tram and Sky Terrace, how much estimated time is needed for us to finish the whole tour so that we may project our departure from Tsim Tsa Tsui to Macau Ferry Terminal? ('',)

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Sky terrace is only a viewing Platform and Madame Tussauds, is not worth its price. It a touristy thing. You can see reviews and take 3-in-1 package only if you wish to see Madame Tussauds.

My suggestion is take one way Peak tram and one way by bus (bus only to enjoy views). Make sure to sit at the right side of the tram while going up hill direction. Visit at evening time 6 pm to reach the Peak so as to have the day night view. Instead of Sky Terrace, you can go to the roof of the Peak Galleria Mall for a free view of the Symphony of Lights show at 8 pm.

Buy Octopus card for easy travelling in HK.

If you are visiting Macau, dont miss House of Dancing Water.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

I wish to see Madame Tussauds. Just in case, are there online sites where we can purchase in advance the 3 in 1 combo instead of buying them at

Garden Road Peak Tram Terminus? Thanks!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Are Hong Kong Sightseeing Combo Tickets worth it?

Yes, you can buy combo tickets (see "Peak Tram" at link below) and Sky Terrace and Madame Tussaud's tickets in advance at any branch of CTS (China Travel Service);

ctshk.com/english/ticket/admticket_hk.htm#pt

There is a service counter in the arrivals hall at the airport and there are numerous branches throughout HK;

ctshk.com/english/aboutus/branch_hkgmac.htm