We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong to Thailand

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong to Thailand

My husband and I finally decided to split our time between Hong Kong and Thailand during the two weeks. Can anyone recommend a travel agency in Hong Kong or a reputable website we can go on? We plan on staying in HK for a couple days, then fly out to Thailand and back to HK to meet family. I've checked Air Asia and trying to figure out if we should book air and hotel separately or package to Phuket. Many thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
609 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

Hi, just got back from HK and Bangkok. We booked a round trip on Thai Airways from HKG to BKK and had no trouble. I assume you could do the same to Phuket. We met our daughter in HK and then flew to BKK for 8 days and then back to HK so she could get back to mainland China and we flew home. Thai Airways was great. Don't think you need a travel agent. We booked it online.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

Thank you very much for your recommendation! Your travel sounds very similar to our upcoming trip. I will definitely look into Thai Airways for our trip to Phuket. Many thanks again

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,821 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

There are travel packages available with hotel and airfare that might offer you some discount.

A couple of good reference site:

http://www.wincastle.com.hk/

www.cxholidays.com/chl/en_INTL/r/selection

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

you could also look into DragonAir-also flys HKIA to HKT.

Frankly,just get the air tickets,then for hotels in Phuket, there are so many choices to suit your budget.

For going around, you can cross check in TA Phuket forum(Cathy& Gary are really great there),and chartering drivers like Sam helps a lot too.

Courtesy of Cathy& Gary:- cathyandgarystravelpages.com/hiring_a_driver…

BC
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

Hello, I just got back from a trip to Hong Kong, India and Phuket. Cathay pacific (DragonAir) flies directly from hong kong to Phuket, it's about a 3.5 hr flight.

I stayed in a Royal Plaza Hotel in Hong Kong, and I highly recommend it. Stayed in Duangjitt Hotel in Phuket and it was a very beautiful hotel.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. We are very excited and will look into those websites and hotels that you all suggested. It's going to be difficult deciding on which hotel in Phuket because we know that they're all beautiful.

We've actually looked into Dragon Air and they had some great fights to and from HK. It's deciding on which hotel in Phuket that will fit our budget.

Does anyone know of inexpensive and decent hotels in HK? $100? Any info would be great

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,422 posts
5,638 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

Also try ITA flight search engine for finding the airlines with lowest rates. Not always the best results for Asian destinations but usually pretty good.

http://www.itasoftware.com/

We also use zuji.com for flight finds and occasion bookings but you can usually do as well if not cheaper by just booking directly with the airlines. They carry Thai Airlines for sure.

Hope this is useful.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

Are you still going in April? From the looks of it, it seems like there's not too many hotels around the $100USD mark, but, this really depends on your exact dates, as I've noticed, for example, on Wotif, that some dates in April are a lot cheaper than other days. HK hotels are certainly not very cheap at all, so, most likely, you might need to look at increasing your budget range (unless, you don't mind staying in hostels/guesthouses, or hotels with low(er) star rankings).

You are best to start looking at a variety of different sites, so, you can grab a list of hotels to check out, read reviews, etc. I've found that different sites can often offer different prices for the same hotels.

Don't forget also that hotels in HK generally offer smaller rooms, so, go in with the "right" expectations because I've heard other tourists complaining, when really, small hotel room size is the reality in HK. If you're after space, you can generally expect to pay higher prices for the luxury.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK and Thailand! :)

9. Re: Hong Kong to Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, May 27, 2013