We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to see in hong kong

hyderabad
3 posts
Save Topic
places to see in hong kong

I would like see most of the places of Hong Kong in two days. kindly help me with places to see and route map, how to proceed . my stay location in HK is near cornwall street. provide little description about the site. Mail me clear route way.

venulds@gmail.com

Tokyo Prefecture...
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to see in hong kong

Check out the HK Tourism website at www.discoverhongkong.com - they have ideas. Depends on what you like. Suggestions can include big tourist spots such as The Giant Buddha, walk around the Peak, Star Ferry Harbour Cruise, and various temples.Many great markets to visit, shopping centres (if that's your thing). Some good museums etc.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: places to see in hong kong

Welcome to Tripadvisor and the HK Forums! :)

Please note that Tripadvisor is not actually a travel agency, so, I do doubt whether anyone will be emailing you with a full two-day itinerary and all of the relevant transport options. However, if you come up with a list of sights/attractions you're interested in, and work out a rough itinerary, we should be able to help you refine it.

You are best to check out HK Tourism's site: discoverhongkong.com/eng/attractions/sightse… first to get a run-down of what's available, if you haven't already done so. Another excellent website is HK Extras: http://www.hongkongextras.com/ which is jam-packed with tons of great info, photos, and transport advice on how to get to various sights/attractions.

Also, you might like to check out some of the links underneath the 'Hong Kong Trip Reports' section in the FAQs to your right, as they give you a good idea of what others have experienced.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

hyderabad
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: places to see in hong kong

1) Ocean Park

2) The Peak Tower, Peak Tram, Madame Tussauds

3) Hong Kong Disneyland

4) The Tian Tan Buddha, Ngong Ping 360, Po Lin Monastery

5) Avenue of Stars

6) Hong Kong Wetland Park

7) Lan Kwai Fong (for night watchers and party owls)

8) Jumbo Kingdom (if it is open; when we went there last April, it was closed for maintenance...)

9) Lamma Island (for great seafood....)

10) Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple

Best shopping places:

1) Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui

2) Times Square (not the one in NYC) in Causeway Bay

3) Stanley Market

4) Apliu Street Flea Market

5) Temple Street Night Market

6) Ladies Market

7) The whole Nathan Road!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: places to see in hong kong

I think you're really trying to cram far too much into a two day trip. Personally, I don't think it'd be an enjoyable trip, as you'd barely see/do anything before needing to move onto the next sight/attraction.

I would choose either Ocean Park OR Disneyland, and not both, unless, you don't intend to stay more than a few hours at each. With Disneyland, you could group it together with the Ngong Ping Cable Car + Giant Buddha and Po Lin Monastery, which you go to first, and then, maybe Disneyland afterwards. How long you decide to stay at Disneyland will impact on what you can fit in next (and also, if you leave early, you won't see the fireworks at night time, but, then again, you might choose to sacrifice the fireworks for something else instead).

With Ocean Park, you group it with Stanley Market, Peak, and then, maybe head to Lan Kwai Fong for nightlife. I would skip Jumbo Kingdom. Depending on how much time you have, you might be able to fit Causeway Bay in for shopping, before Lan Kwai Fong, but, it'll be a lot to do in just one day.

I'd really try and cut down the things you want to see/do. There is simply too much for just a two day visit (and I hope that's two full days, and no travelling time cuts into those two days, or else, you truly will be even more limited with what you can see/do).

Whip up a rough itinerary with all of your "must-sees/dos" (because your current list is impossible), and hopefully, we can help you out further.

Good luck with your planning and have an AMAZING trip! :)

hyderabad
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: places to see in hong kong

i never been to hong kong, i just listed the places to see.

seggest me what r good to see and what not. give me a pattren of wht to visit first and wht next so i may not waste my time . help me in planning the day . i would like to see 5 best places of Hong Kong and like to visit nice and affordable market with local stuff. i will at cornwall street. so guide me from there.step by step where to go and what to see.

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to see in hong kong

venu N - I think you should do some research of your own first. You've been given great suggestions as to what is best to do in 2 days and how to group things.

Get a map of Hong Kong to see where the things are. Also check out the brilliant www.hongkongextras.com website which has all HK attractions listed with detailed instructions how to reach them. Then come back with specific questions. Planning your own itinerary is half the fun!

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to see in hong kong

You can see the following places in 2 days, in this order, provided you start early each day.

Day 1

Ocean Park, then to Museums of Science & History. Them to Victoria Peak at about 8 pm sing star ferry.

Day 2

Early morning to Ngong Ping360. then to Shopping markets. Ladies market, Temple Street. At 8 pm see the Avenue of Stars.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to see in hong kong

My suggestion to you venuN is to research ... research ... and then research AGAIN. Only you know what you want to see and do.

Several of the above posters have recommended very excellent websites (and you obviously have access to the internet) so check these sites out and decide what YOU want to see and do. Personally, I fully recommend the hongkong extras site. It's so very informative.

May I humbly suggest you use google maps to plot your course from your accommodation to wherever you wish to go. Their directions are pretty accurate so just plot from point A to point B by public transport, walking or taxi (whichever mode of transport you prefer) and you'll get an idea of how long it will take you to get to where you want to go so that you can plot your preferred course accordingly.

Well that's enough advice from me tonight. It's after 10PM here in my part of the planet and I better get some sleep. I've got a bag to pack and a plane to catch tomorrow. LOL guess where I'm off to? *wink*

And thanks to all the information available here on Trip Advisor (*cough* checkout the Top Questions about Hong Kong on the right hand side of this forum) and the very useful advice supplied by the Destination Experts here, I've got my itinerary all planned and I'll be seeing and doing my own thing. LOL I can't wait!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,880 posts
5,893 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places to see in hong kong

And don't forget to visit the FAQ [Must See/Do in Hong Kong] and Itineraries on the right side panel. Lots of good information here for short, medium and longer trips to HK.

10. Re: places to see in hong kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, May 04, 2013