We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
13 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

I am bringing my family to HK in mid-March. On a Monday and Tuesday we are planning trips to Ocean Park and HK Disney. Monday we have the whole day open for a park. The next day we have a lunch scheduled with a group of about 15 people at noon near the old airport, and therefore will not get to a park until 2pm or even 3pm.

Which park should we go to on Monday for the longer day? Our kids are 11, 7, and 4 years old. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
354 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

Ocean park is a fullday and much better than disney Disney is small my suggestion would be to go early on Tuesday and have a later lunch .You can do Disney land in 3 hours if it not busy

Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
13 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

Thanks Ron. That's what we were thinking, but weren't sure.

Boston...
Level Contributor
294 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

Moose4580,

Just to let you know, Disney closes at 7 on the weekdays, check out the website to be safe. (www.disney.com.hk) The same goes for Ocean Park. (www.oceanpark.com.hk) I liked Disney a lot more than Ocean Park but that's because I like seeing the characters around the Park. Ocean Park has less people than Disney, which is good I suppose. I went to Disney at the end of January and it wasn't too crowded. Disney is probably more suitable for your 4 & 7 year old while your 11 year old might enjoy Ocean Park more. The only roller coaster Disney has is Space Mountain, and honestly I'm too chicken for roller coasters! >.<

Enjoy!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
354 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

For the record Space Mouintain at Disney is more like Kiddie Mountain compared to the space mountain rides at the other Disneys

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney or Ocean Park for Longer Day

I visited HK Disneyland last November and was most disappointed, both in terms of size, offer, organisation and management - all of which I gave a fail mark.

If you've limited time and must make a choice between Ocean Park and Disney, I'd recommend Ocean Park definitely.