We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm not mean, but...

London, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
I'm not mean, but...

Hi, I've got a really horrible flight into HK from Phuket/KL on the 19th March arriving at 22:30. By the time I exit customs it will proberbly be 23:30. That will be the first night of a planned four night stay before I return to (sunny, yeah!) London. Question is this; Is there a nice close'ish Airport Hotel where I can have a bite to eat/drink and shower prehaps till the following day when I begin my visit proper? Also, It may be my only trip to HK as I tend never to revisit places (life is short and the world is big), so having never stayed at a Peninsular before, I woz thinking...Is it really worth the 200.00 GBP per night for the three nights or are there better options available at the same or less. Asia has always represented very good value for money but this is not cheap even by European standards. I'm not mean but, is it really as good as I read and therefore worth the high price, especially in regard to a lone traveller. Your thoughts would be appreciated, Phil.

London, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I'm not mean, but...

Hi, really appreciate the responses. The Marco Polo HK certainly seems to be popular choice. Like most people I work hard for my pennies and the thought of paying 200.00 GBP for little more than a couple of hours at the Peninsular still seems difficult to sanction. So far on my current trip I have stayed everywhere from The Mandarin Oriental in KL, The Shangri-La's Horizon club floor in Georgetown, various boutique hotels to a self contained brand new Studio flat in Karon Beach. As they say, there is nothing like Variety to keep things interesting. I'm really looking forward to visiting HK, especially the nightlife. I will investigate further, regards Phil.