We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brand luggage

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Brand luggage

Hi there,

I heared a lot of buying brand luggage at HK at a good prize. Its true? Where can I find good area for luggage shops?

Irene

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,368 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brand luggage

If you buy from independent stores, you are never sure if they are fake. I always buy from large department stores.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
354 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brand luggage

It s very hard to pick the fakes but I think its fair asumpttion if it looks to good to be true it s!!!

Having said that we bought fullsets of very good looking luggage for about $A100 I dont care if it only lasts a year at that price

It looks great

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brand luggage

Agree with Ron - I've bought seemingly excellent quality luggage here for great prices. There are a number of shops and stalls selling mid - range brand luggage(eg, Samsonite, Antler etc) cheap at Stanley markets. The Samsonite shop is on your left as you enter. Move further into the markets for other luggage shops. Don't buy anything until you've checked prices and range at 2 or 3 shops.

If you want high-end (LV etc) better off sticking to the branded boutiques in Central.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brand luggage

Irene, I don't know what "brands" you are referring to. But the brands many would love to have like Gucci and LV... etc. those would be cheaper in Europe! ( You're from Italy too!). Isn't it better to buy from there? Tons of HK tourists go to Italy to buy luggage and leather goods (from all the name brands).

However, it's true that there are many cheap but well made luggage. But they would be Asian made. You can find a wide selection of them in Shopping centers, and Department stores like Sogo, and Wing ON, Jusco, and UNY.

For the even cheaper kinds, (the kind that would last 1-2 trips and would fall apart, but you wouldn't mind b/c it's so cheap). Just for those who bought too much in HK, and doesn't have a suitcase to bring all the goodies home.... then you can try Tsim Sha Tsui (Cameron road, Carnavon Road...) and in Kowloon City, many luggage stores, but cheap China made ones. They have all sizes, and with locks, and trolley wheels, as well as name brands like Samsonite, at about 20% off the usual prices (b/c you can bargain)

Italy
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brand luggage

Hi there,

I don`t want LV or Gucci luggage, but for example Samsonite is also very good luggage and its very expensive here.

I seach trolleys which last more than 1-2 trips.

It could also be "chinese" made, but must be good quality. Can I find them in Sogo or Wing ON Stores?

Greets

Irene

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,368 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brand luggage

Yes, Sogo, Wing On, that's where I buy Samsonite/American Tourister luggage. never hurts to ask for discounts too.