We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

We are looking for a place in Kowloon near MTR for the month of Nov. & Dec. , 2011. We don't need anything spacious or fancy, just a safe location with private bathroom & TWIN beds will do. We would really appreciate any suggestions/recommendations. Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

Cheap is an interesting word in Hong Kong especially when applied to accommodations. Might help the forum group if you can let us know your budget.

Also, here is a forum thread from a few years back on a similar question. Might be useful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k202…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

Our budget is under HK$8,000 on rent (all inclusive) per month because we plan to take some trips to China, hence will not be staying at the rental place for the whole 7 weeks. Thanks.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,200 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

I think you'll struggle to find anything half-decent on a budget of HK$8000 per month. Rent-a-Room, next to Jordan MTR Station in Kowloon has twin-bed room with kitchenette and private bathroom at HK$11000 per month;

http://rentaroomhk.com/monthlyrate.html

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

Thank you for your comments. Do you know if the Rent-a-Room place is clean and at a safe location? Would you recommend a long stay there? Thanks.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,200 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

The location is safe. There are TripAdvisor reviews from people who have stayed in some of the rooms here;

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294217-d5777…

and other reviews here;

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…reviews

hostelbookers.com/hostels/…

Auckland, NZ
Level Contributor
336 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

We stayed there in a quad room for a month a few years ago. The location is great, close to an MTR station, our room was very clean and the kitchenette was adequate for very simple cooking. The hot water system was fine - you just have to turn it on about 10 minutes before you need hot water. It's okay for the price but I probably wouldn't stay there again for any length of time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

Thank you for all your comments. I have changed my plans and I no longer require lodging in HK.

8. Re: cheap serviced apartments in "Kowloon", Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, October 29, 2012