We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free wi fi

London, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Topic
free wi fi

where can I find free wi fi?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
22,495 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: free wi fi

Really? I wonder what I was using at the Pacific Coffee at Tung Chung.

Mentioned in this post
Tung Chung
Tung Chung
132 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,769 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: free wi fi

McDonald's! Virtually everywhere. Rest your feet. Have a drink. Have a snack. Check your e-mail. Tweet your journey. Send your pictures... :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: free wi fi

mcdonalds has a time limit on usage...so only good if u need to check mails quick...speed depends where and when u hit the fast food chain and how many customers are using the wifi with u;)

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,769 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: free wi fi

>> Really? I wonder what I was using at the Pacific Coffee at Tung Chung. <<

Maybe the wifi connection via Starbuck's?

Pacific Coffee Company, Tung Chung

Portion of Open Area, 2/F, Citygate, 20 Tat Tung Road, Tung Chung

Starbuck's Coffee, Tung Chung

Shop G19, CityGate, 20 Tat Tung Road, Tung Chung

Mentioned in this post
Tung Chung
Tung Chung
132 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Pacific Coffee Company
Pacific Coffee Company
Hong Kong, China
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: free wi fi

Pacific Coffee Perfect Cup Card members can request a free 20-minute wi-fi pass for one-time use only. Otherwise you need a PCCW subscription or wi-fi pass (unless you can connect to a neighbouring free wi-fi hotspot);

pacificcoffee.com/eng/aboutus/index.html#03

At Citygate both Macdonalds and Starbucks offer 20 mins free wi-fi with Y5zone but I don't think Citygate has free wi-fi throughout the mall.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,365 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: free wi fi

Just an update.... Have found free wifi in a few places in recent months.

Crema Coffee (TST East), Habitu Cafes (Kowloon Tong) and throughout Sunshine City Shopping Mall (Ma On Shan) You have to ask for the passwords at Crema Coffee and Habitu.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
236 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: free wi fi

Do note that anything related y5zone will only give you 20 minutes per day per device.

That means if you went to Starbucks and used the given 20 minutes you'll not be given a fresh 20 mins when you go to McDonalds the same day.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
892 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: free wi fi

I've never found free wifi at Pacific Coffee, only Starbucks. Starbucks have the free 20 minute service from Y5zone. I've found out I have been able to use the free 20 minute service only twice a day though and from two separate locations (e.g connect once at starbucks, then connect again later at a mcdonalds).

Facebook is blocked on Gov wifi (in case that is important for you to know).

19. Re: free wi fi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, June 06, 2013
20. Re: free wi fi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 08, 2014