We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice

London
10 posts
Save Topic
Hotel advice

I am overwhelmed by the number of different opinions about HK hotels and would really appreciate some help!

I will be staying for two nights in March. I think I have decided I'd like to be HK Island side. I'd like a practical location for no more than ������������������75 a night... what's the best?

Cosmo hotel and MetroPark have come up. Which would be more practical?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice

The locations of Cosmo and MetroPark each has its pros and cons.

MetroPark is about 3 minutes walk to MTR (underground train) station, Cosmo is 15+ minutes. Cosmo is 3 minutes walk to the bus stop for the Peak or Stanley, MetroPark need changing bus. Both hotels are near tram stop for northshore of HK island. You would tend to walk (15+ minutes) or by hotel shuttle bus to Causeway Bay from Cosmo, but will take the tram (only HK$2) to Causeway Bay from MetroPark. I would prefer MetroPark especially if want to go to Victoria Peak by Peak Tram rather than by bus.

Another hotel you can consider is Express By Holiday Inn Causeway Bay, newly open and located just opposite the Times Square, very convienent location, and probably fit your budget.

London
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice

Thanks, the Holiday Inn looks like a good option and around the same price as the others.

Can you tell me if it easyto get there from the Airport on public transport?

Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice

I like to be able to walk to places right outside my hotel so I wouldn't stay on the island anywhere but Causeway Bay. I've stayed at the Park Lane and Excelsior which are good locations and comfortable hotels on the island. But my favorite location is Kowloon. The Holiday Inn Golden Mile is great but becoming a bit pricey. Right in the middle of the action and opposite a subway station. The Kowloon Hotel nearby, is also a very good location. Very modern and clean but tiny rooms. There is a new Holiday Inn Express on the Island now which is a reasonable price (Hong Kong Hotels in general are not cheap). Of course if you want more upmarket, the Sheraton in Tsim Shar Tsui, is excellent. If walking isn't your thing, transport is so good in Hong Kong that it won't really matter where you stay, but I like to be able duck out to a shop or for dinner and back to the hotel to leave parcels or have a rest or shower etc.

Hong Kong is a wonderful place, make sure you see some of the "green" places ... Kowloon Park with it's Flamingo Lake, Hong Kong Park's walk through aviary, Gold fish Street and the wonderful Flower Market Streets, both in Mong Kok. Many people go to Hong Kong and only see a big city (albeit a fantastic big city) and miss the hidden beauty.

Have a good holiday.

Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advice

After posting my message, I noticed another telling you about Holiday Inn Express. That's the one I'll try when I'm next in HOng Kong but only because of the cost of the Holiday Inn Golden Mile (my first preference).

It doesn't really matter where you stay as far as Airport transfers.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel advice

Getting to Express By Holiday Inn Causeway Bay from airport, you can take airbus A11, costs HK$40, alight at "Wanchai Fire Station" stop, the buses have displays on board showing the name of the next stop.

London
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel advice

Thanks for all the advice. Being on a budget I've gone for Holiday Inn Causeway Bay.