We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How about shopping in Hollywood Road and Cat Street?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
2 posts
Save Topic
How about shopping in Hollywood Road and Cat Street?

I am interested in Chinese antiques and handcraft, how about shopping in hollywood road and Cat Street?

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How about shopping in Hollywood Road and Cat Street?

This is a really fun place to browse but..the prices can be really high for items of quality...high for items of questionable quality.. and good for simple items that are easy to come by. The shops don't always haggle as one might like and I'm a major haggler. I wanted a pair of multi-colored, painted ceramic lions or "fu dogs" that I had seen on a previous trip. I went to one of the streetside booths and worked my way down from $250HK to $80. The reason, they aren't as rare as they seem, but it was what I wanted at a price we both could live with. Some booths sell items that are more or less from someones old kitchen cabinets, but to a westerner, unique. Again, with the bigger shops, they take credit cards which means you're paying for that priveledge. But, definately take a walk along these two roads and enjoy.