We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much pocket money for 8 days??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How much pocket money for 8 days??

Hi,

I am looking to spend 8 days in HK in September. How much would you advise I should roughly estimate for transports, food, drinks & entrances to tourist attractions? I don't intend to do any shopping.

Thanks for your replies!

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

I would budget at a minimum of £50 a day if you intend to eat and drink a fair amount.

The cost of a beer during happy hour is around £3.50, outside of Happy Hour, which runs up until about 9.00 pm in a lot of places, you are looking at about £5.50 or more.

You can eat well for about £15 for an evening meal if you look around. Travel costs are very low.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

Thanks a lot for your reply?

Are the tourist attractions pricey? It is my first time there so I will be doing the main sight seeing.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

Attractions range from free to relatively expensive. What do you want to do?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

Hi,

I was thinking doing the main things, the Harbour, the Peak, the Buddha, possibly a trip to the next door greenland & the Ocean Park?

Cheers

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

The cost of activities is relatively cheap (far cheaper than it would be in Australia) and shouldn't really pose a hinderence to any activities. The most expensive on you list would be Ocean Park and that is only 250HKD for the day. Disneyland cost 350HKD and other than tours would be about the most expensive attraction. There are a number of museums that are free on one day of the week, Wednesday I think. It is much cheaper than Singapore.

The food was on about par with the cost in Australia but if you go to a food court it is a lot cheaper and really good. Depending on how much you drink that is where it could be costly for you. Transport costs next to nothing and even the taxis are cheap but public transport is so easy to use.

We did heaps of stuff and spent an average of 450HKD per day for the two of us but we had breakfast and drinks included in our hotel cost.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

Thank you so much for your answers guys!

7. Re: How much pocket money for 8 days??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 17, 2012