We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 am, October 19, 2014
Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

There is something called the "Meeting Point" in the centre of the Arrivals Hall. Perhaps you all can meet there, see

hongkongairport.com/eng/…anchor_1

You can store luggage in the Airport, also at the Arrivals Hall, see

hongkongairport.com/eng/…anchor_1

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

Arrivals all come out the same door towards one end of the terminal. In the middle of the terminal is McDonalds [isn't there always!]you could meet there or at the eatery next door. Both are open fronted so you can watch for your family. Near the transport info counter is another highly visable central place. Haven't used it myself but I believe that HK airport has a luggage holding service. If you check their site direct I'm sure I remember seeing something about there once. HK airport is huge but most of it is taken up with the arrival/departure gates. Once through customs it's not that big and is very user friendly.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

There are two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B for passengers to exit. There is a meeting point that is intended for the purpose of "meeting" up with others like what you need exactly.

I agree with Tin, "meeting point".... eateries, and other "counters" are confusing for those who are unfamiliar with the surroundings, and there are LOTS of people around McDonalds, and pickpockets. My sister in law was standing at the Mcdonald's counter ordering an ice-cream cone, (just 3 minutes after she came out of the terminal), got her wallet stolen RIGHT there at the counter of McD's.

4. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

SergeL,

If your adult children meet the following general immigration requirements, they should be fine going through immigration themselves :

The passport enjoys visa free visits or has entry visa;

hotel confirmation printout (you can send/email/fax to your children);

sufficient money for the duration of stay - a valid international credit card serves this purpose; and

return or onward (air) ticket.

The terms Terminal 'A' and 'B' are not very accurate - they are in the same building, they are actually called Hall A and Hall B, they are in the same Arrivals Hall, difference is just a matter of left- and right-hand-side of the Arrivals Hall. The Meeting Point is in the centre of the Arrivals Hall, so either A or B will do.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages

Thanks Tin for correcting my term. Yeah, I am used to "terminals" for other airports.... sorry.

Hall A and B is right.

The meeting point is smack in the middle of the two halls when you are in the lobby of the airport.

Immigration of HK are the easiest and most efficient I have ever encountered. No worries.

7. Re: Meeting in HK airport and Luggages