We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Peak

Singapore
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
The Peak

Can the symphony of lights be viewed at the Peak?

If yes, where is the best location to do so? Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Peak

You should be able to see it but you probably can't hear it. The lookout deck is likely to be the best position since you can see the city and Kowloon from there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Peak

You should be able to see it but you probably can't hear it. The lookout deck is likely to be the best position since you can see the city and Kowloon from there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Peak

Singapore
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Peak

Thanks, TaiwanTraveller.

Heard that we can listen thru FM radio.

Another question:

How do I go to the Lower Peak Tram Terminus from Ocean Park?

Is going by Taxi cheaper? we are travelling in family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids).

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Peak

If it's clear you can see it from plenty of places at the Peak including the Peak Tower Sky Terrace viewing platform, Lions Pavilion and Findlay Road, Findlay Path and parts of Lugard Road but it's a distant view and you'll hardly know its happening.

London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Peak

Steven my experience was you couldn't really see the symphony of lights from the peak, I think the lasers/lights are angled across harbour so they can be viewed from the kowloon viewing platform. I've been up there twice during the symphony and definitely it wasn't as impressive from up there as from kowloon. That being said the Peak was my favourite place in Hong Kong it was fantastic! So don't use that as an excuse not to go.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Peak

Taxi from Ocean Park to Lower Peak Tram Terminus should cost about HK$50.

By bus you can take bus 6X from outside Ocean Park's main entrance (every 15/20mins) and get off either at Pacific Place, Queensway and walk through Hong Kong Park to the tram terminus or at the next stop Cheung Kong Centre, Queens Road Central and walk up Garden Road to the tram terminus. Fare is HK$4.6.

Cair0 - Egypt
Level Contributor
177 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Peak

short answer is yes, you will be able to 'see' it, but if you wanna 'experience' it, my advice would be to head to the avenue of stars as one of the best locations to see the symphony, with speakers broadcasting the music and commentary

yet IMHO it's not that wow, I'd skip it if I had a tight itinerary

M

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Peak

You can probably catch a bus from exchange square in central or for sake of convenience grab a taxi. I don't know how much it will cost.

Edited: 7:10 pm, September 08, 2010
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,722 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Peak

The light show itself is ok. Combined with the harbourview, especially along TST promenade, it's worth the time in my opinion. However, the music doesn't add to the experience at all. The view from The Peak is a bit distant though.