We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help!!!

Chicago
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Help!!!

Dear Friends-

First time to HK and am wondering where I should stay. Trying to find a centrally located area/hotel. Staying with two other friends so I need a comfortable place. Budget probably around US$200/day.

You've been asked this a million times but...

what are the top attractions? We are history, museum and culture buffs. Love the outdoors, nature that is. Love the water. And! Love to shop. Please help :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help!!!

If there are the three of you in ONE room, I would recommend getting a hotel with bigger size rooms.

With your budget, if you are not coming during peak season.....you have a pretty decent budget.

Try to look into :

1) Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel

2) Park Hotel

3) Holiday Inn Golden Mile

4) Sheraton

5) Excelsior (HK island)

6) Langham Place (but get suites) their standard rooms are small.

Attractions:

www.discoverhongkong.com

Post again if you have further questions after visiting the website.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
86 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help!!!

Luciano

We stayed at the Marriott on HK island for just under $ 200 - amazing place; and location was perfect. If you are flying with Cathay Pacific, then check out the specials that they post on www.cathaypacificholidays.com

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help!!!

If you are coming at a non-peak season, you can look into some of the 5 star hotels b/c at US $200, you have quite a number of choices.

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help!!!

Hi Katetam, hope you could help me...Where is Disneyland HK nearer, Kowloon area or the HK Island area? Thanks.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help!!!

You probably want to see Heritage Museum, Museum of Coastal Defence, Museum of Art, or Museum of History, more at

discoverhongkong.com/eng/…mu_kln_0002.jhtml

There are many country parks in Hong Kong, "family walks" are easier, "trials" are more difficult, have a look at

…afcd.gov.hk/newparks/eng/country/index.htm

You may want to check out Cheung Chau island, and Lantau Island, there are ferries going to these islands from Central Ferry Piers on Hong Kong Island, see the ferry timetable at

nwff.com.hk/english/schedule/brs000000.asp

Stanley is also a good seaside attraction that fits your interest. And there are many nature walks around the number 1 attraction Victoria Peak.

Don't miss Ocean Park, full of sea creatures including dolphin encounter as an optional extra, details at

www.oceanpark.com.hk/eng/main/index.html

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help!!!

deniseangela,

Disneyland would be more close to Kowloon. However, the MTR reaches Disneyland from all areas of HK (practically).... whether you stay on Kowloon or HK island side, by MTR, there is hardly any difference in my opinion.

If you drive or take a bus... then yes, Kowloon would be closer.

There are also 2 hotels in Disneyland that many choose to stay 1 night to experience the beauty and the atmosphere of these new hotels.

For further information, check out :

www.disneylandhongkong.com

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help!!!

Couldnt reccomed the Marco Polo more highly, Great location and good size rooms for 3 people .Worth paying for a harbour View room

Have a ball!!!!

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Help!!!

thanks Katetam.. another question if you don't mind, which is better BP International or Hotel Concourse? Thanks..

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Help!!!

Deniseangela, I think location wise, BP is better than Hotel Concourse, b/c BP is at Jordan/TST, while Hotel Concourse is in Prince Edward. Hotel Concourse is very basic accomodations, while BP is "a little" better b/c they recently renovated some parts of the hotel.....

But, BP has VERY hard beds..... Hotel Concourse is a good hotel for the budget traveller, and it's quite convenient as well.

BP has free shuttle from Airport Express Station (Kowloon), Concourse doesn't.

I think it boils down to what price are you paying per night.

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Help!!!

Thanks so much for the prompt response, Katetam. Really, BP is better than Concourse? I was previously inclined to try BP Intl. because aside from the fact that it's definitely cheaper , it has good reviews (except for the really HARD beds they have), but, I read somewhere that BP is also more of a hostel than a hotel, so, I'm willing to shell out a few more dollars for Concourse thinking that it might have better facilities and all..Anyway, 'still have a few days to decide. Just one observation though, why is it that breakfast is not included in the rates of hotels in Hong Kong? ..making it more expensive than hotels in Singapore? I went to Singapore last month and with the same price, it already includes breakfast... just wondering since the impression of most is that Singapore is really an expensive place...Thanks again..