We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mtr stations

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Topic
mtr stations

hi guys, since I'm travelling with kids and we have strollers with us, i just wanna know if the MTR stations has escalators? please advise.. becasue if there are no escalators, then i guess we have no choice but to rent a car or something :(

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mtr stations

There are escalators and elevators in MTR stations, between all platforms and concourse, but not at every entrance/exit. Be prepared for stairs on some entrances/exits.

Renting a car, there are many reasons to discourge you from doing that. It is not easy for a visitor to navigate in HK especially in urban, not only you need to know the roads but also the lane. There are many stopping restrictions, and parking is not easy. Crossing the harbour by a car via the Cross Harbour Tunnel is not easy at all, there are so many cars queuing for the tunnel, and the buses which use bus lanes and bus gates are actually faster than private cars.

I guess public transport will be easier than renting a car. Be prepared for stairs on some MTR entrances/exits.

Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mtr stations

You should bear in mind that taxis are extremely inexpensive in Hong Kong. Flagfall is HKD15, and that will get you quite a long way. You'd be braver than I am if you drive in the city!

Ten
Brisbane
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mtr stations

Do not rent a car you will regret it. I just got back from HK and was on the mtr everyday.

It will be a little harder with a stroller but it can be done. You will have to get down the stairs though at most entrances.But getting on the train will be easy with a stroller.

Get an octopus card it is fantastic for transport on the train and ferry.