We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US$ to HK$ rate

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
US$ to HK$ rate

May I inquire how much is the current rate of a US$ to HK$.

Is it advisable to go to exhange dealers in the airport or better in the city, but where?

What is the standard check-in time for check- in in HK Intl Airport.

Is there a bus stop along (near) Chatham Road near n0 61-65 (Park Lane hotel)?

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong Intl Airport
Hong Kong Intl Airport
Hong Kong, China
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US$ to HK$ rate

I go to www.xe.com for current exchange rates.

I have found the best way to get foreign currency is from an ATM in that country. The absolute worst way to get it is to first transfer from your home currency to US dollars and then from the US dollars to the foreign currency. You loose a few cents every time you exchange currencies, so doing it twice costs twice as much.

NY
Level Contributor
249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US$ to HK$ rate

I would second the ATM suggestion. They are everywhere and usually give you the best exchage rate. Just realize that there is a fee for each use so get as much money as you can when you withdraw.

A warning about the Hong Kong Airport- it's quite a trek from security to the boarding gate. There's a shopping area right after security BUT there's a shuttle train ride from there to your gate (and another shopping area at the gates.) I saw two couples who missed their flights because they spent time at the first shopping area without realizing they still had a train ride to their boarding gate. At a slow walk and without shopping it could take 30 minutes to get from the security check to your boarding gate.

Mentioned in this post