We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear

Level Contributor
1,222 posts
Save Topic
what to wear

Hi guys from HK!

What kind of clothes do I need to bring there? Is shorts and slip-ons ok, or should I bring pants because it's cold?

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: what to wear

weather forecast in HK for these dates:

Sat. Nov 26 Partly sunny 79ºF 64ºF

Sun. Nov 27 Partial sunshine 79ºF 64ºF

Mon. Nov 28 Sunny and pleasant 72ºF 57ºF

(high) 72 deg F is = to 22 deg C while 57 (low) Deg F = 13.8 C

Dec is much colder (cooler than BaguioCity) so bring clothes that will keep you warm. Other Pinoys who went there recently advised to bring gloves and bonnet. If you'll be busy walking around wear comfortable shoe wear.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to wear

For general weather information and what to wear, see the discoverhongkong website at:

discoverhongkong.com/eng/…mk_info_weat.jhtml

For more particular information on your specific dates, you may obtain daily thirty year averages at the intellicast site at:

www.intellicast.com/Local/IntlLocalStd.asp…

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,926 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to wear

In general local don't wear shorts except jogging, but I couldn't care less if it's hot.

Level Contributor
1,222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what to wear

Thanks so much for all your help.

Hey Greenjade, when was the last time you went there? Would you know how much is the selling rate of HK dollars using Philippine peso? What do you suggest, should I buy USD here in Manila and have it converted to HKD or just bring PHP and convert it HKD there?

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what to wear

lakwatsera,

this is just my first time. i inquired in some banks here and they don't sell HK$ notes but you can buy in draft, rate here is about P7.2 to a HK$ so it will be cheaper to buy here in case you find one. Try to call HK and Shanghai Bank or BPI. Will just bring US$, since I have no more time. Thanks to your questions in the forum w/c is very helpful to me.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what to wear

Hi Greenjade,

Your welcome. Actually it's my 3rd time going to HK but the last time was about 3 years ago na hehehe that's why I have lots of quetion here too. Before kse it's more of shopping and this will be my only time to really explore HK..

I already tried some banks here but the problem is they need at least 2 weeks to release the HKD, and some doesn't have enough HKD funds, but I'll be leaving early next week already so I guess I'll just buy there. When are you going? Maybe you'll be there first, post right away how much is the selling rate there : )

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: what to wear

I'll be leaving on Sat and come back on the 29th. will inform you when i come back if the fx dealer i'll go to accept peso.

Level Contributor
1,222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: what to wear

Oh that's nice,I'll wait for your info. By the way ou can try at Chungking mansion in Nathan Road, I think the rate there is good.

Mentioned in this post
Nathan Road
Nathan Road
1,905 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
manila
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to wear

hi lakwatsera!

when are you going to HK and where will you stay? my friend and i will be visitng HK on dec 6-10. we'll be staying at ramada hotel kowloon.

Level Contributor
1,222 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: what to wear

oh.. I'm home na by Dec 6..