We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English website for Broadway Stores

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
English website for Broadway Stores

Hi there- does anyone know the English website for the chain of Broadway shops? I have had a look at wwww.broadway.com.hk - but cannot find an English translation button anywhere on the site!!! Thanks

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: English website for Broadway Stores

Their store locations are also in English

http://www.broadway.com.hk/address.php

Try http://world.altavista.com/ to translate other pages.

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English website for Broadway Stores

I tried to get the Broadway Hong Kong site as well and can't get an English version.I've tried Tins address but this doesn't work either.I want to buy a dvd camcorder and would like to compare prices.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: English website for Broadway Stores

You can look at Fortress website for prices, Fortress and Broadway list prices are about the same --

http://www.fortress.com.hk/en/home.html

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English website for Broadway Stores

I found this on the net and it sound plausible . Comments experts? .....

Although the chain stores all provide marked prices on all items, you can bargain. Mrs Tall has been told that the shop staff are given a 'bottom line' price they can go down to if a customer pushes. We've had success doing just this a couple of times recently. First, we bought a Philips LCD TV from one of the chains earlier this year, and were indeed able to knock about 15% off the marked price. The existence of this practice was confirmed when we recently bought a DVD recorder. The particular model we ended up buying was marked at HKD 2790 in every shop I checked (and I checked all the big chains). We ended up buying it in a shop in Yau Shing Commercial Centre in Mongkok for HKD2100 -- but we noticed our receipt said HKD2380. We asked the salesman why, and he said that 2380 was the manufacturer's baseline price in Hong Kong, so they had to pretend that's what they charged. The big chain shops, of course, won't pretend: that 2380 would indeed have been the lowest price we could have bargained down to. As you can see, it's again about a 15% reduction. But obviously the best price was to be had in Yau Shing Commercial Centre. In fact, if you shop in Yau Shing, you really must bargain, as in most cases prices are highly negotiable. And you should always pay less for a given item in Yau Shing than you would in one of the chain stores.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: English website for Broadway Stores

That's why Broadway and Fortress list prices are about the same, these list prices are probably distributors' recommended prices, these prices are negoitable, and have gifts bundled to tackle the baseline, but their prices aren't the cheapest. Apart from prices, there are something else consumers need to be aware of ... exchange policy, warranty etc.

Happy shopping :-.)