We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Singapore
10 posts
Save Topic
Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Where is wong tai sin ??? Is there such a place?

Sorry, I've not been to HK before. Can recommend some places to shop for clothes and accessories? Street markets?Prices must be cheap. Hope that is bargainable. haha. Which hotel is near to places that can shop?

My travel agent has recommend me three hotels --- Majestic, Nathan and Kimberly. Which has more shops around the hotel?

THANKS!

Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Hi

We just came back from HongKong.

I would recommend Nathan Hotel, contact the hotel direct for corporate rate, it's more worth it. Just across the road is Temple Street where I find that their prices are much better as prices are displayed and no need to bargain so hard. More things to shop and buy at Ladies Street but must bargain alot. Lots of shopping on side roads, eg Granville Road, Austin Road.

I came across a shop named In & Out and are fixed priced, very good buy for fashion wear.

Also must try the Hui Lau Shan mango pudding and the Cheese dip meal at Cafe de Coral. Just walk around and explore, you'll find lots to eat and shop...

See review for Nathan Hotel at this site.

Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

I passed by Majestic, nothing spectacular. In fact just a few doors away from Nathan Hotel.

Kimberly Hotel is near to busy streets, if you don't mind the mess around the area. Lots to shop and eat.

Personnally I still prefer Nathan Hotel.

The surrounding is clean and neat.

I suggest you read more reviews and decide for yourself.

Yes, we have been to Wong Tai Sin and it is a Toaist Temple. One of the sight seeing place. Very easy to reach just take MTR from Jordan than change at MongKok to Wong Tai Sin Station. The temple is just right on top of the station.

Must grab a Hong Kong Map when you arrive Hong Kong airport. It is very useful...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Between Majestic Hotel and Nathan Hotel, I would recommend Nathan Hotel, as the two hotels are practically a stone throw apart.... and Nathan hotel recently have been renovated.

Kimberley Hotel is a different category completely..... it's also in a much better location in my opinion for a tourist.

Stores wise and Restaurants.... Kimberley would be more accessible.... but more pricey area, it's in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Nathan Hotel is on Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei area, closer to Mongkok, which I think would be where you most likely want to shop around.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Hi,

I am not sure if you are really for the real deal coz' they are real cheaps and YOU don't have to do your bargain... coz' they are really cheap enough.

For clothes and accessories, go and dig out Sham Shui Po where tons of famous brands are around, however, with tags removed due to "sampling" reasons.

Good quality and good brands!

Streets to shop? You would for sure would like to shop around Mong Kok's ladies street, temple street for local seafood.

Did I mention the above are very affordable?

Good luck!

- Hope it helps

Roy

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Wong Tai Sin is one of the most famous temple in HK. You can get there by MTR.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to shop? Any streets to recommend?

Wong Tai Sin is one of the most famous temple in HK. You can get there by MTR.