We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

department stores

Ten
Brisbane
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
department stores

Hello, can someone help me with a list of great stores to visit while in HK. If I know what they are called I can start looking them up on the internet and get an idea of prices of things. For example I now know from the forum that the place to buy electrical stuff is Fortress and Broadway stores.

What about cool clothes and makeup perfume etc... Does anyone know the places I should not miss. I like brands like sass and bide, guess and miss sixty etc....

Does Hong kong have The Gap?

the pulse
Department Stores, Flea & Street Markets, Shopping Malls, Gift & Specialty Shops
The Whisky Library
Antique Stores, Department Stores, Shopping Malls, Gift & Specialty Shops
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: department stores

Yes, HK has Gap.

Check out this link about shopping in HK:

www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/shop/index.jhtml

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: department stores

Hi Ten,

(Teddy, Where is the GAP in HK now?even I haven't seen one)..... the Gap in Harbour City (LCX) closed out already long time ago....

I do buy some GAP stuff from Stanley Market... these are the clothes that are NOT good enough to export due to mis labelling the size, or colours not consistent with the other samples.... but NOT defects.... I bought very nice clothes for my daughter from Stanley. Otherwise, I wouldn't buy GAP from HK, it's for export, the prices were outrageous when I was in the GAP before.

Level Contributor
4,194 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: department stores

Katetam - thank you for raising the question. I meant that one can find Gap brand products in HK. You are correct that there is no "GAP store" per se. Presumably grey market import or factory seconds.

Level Contributor
4,194 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: department stores

Clarification - I meant not sold in "GAP store" but not sure if they are genuine or grey market import or factory seconds.

Ten
Brisbane
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: department stores

thanks for your replys. is stanley street the market to go to buy seconds stock?

i am really interested in getting some labels from seconds places. i am not really after fakes. i would rather have the real thing and don't mind if it is not perfect.

can you help?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: department stores

Johnston Rd Wanchai and the market area (fa yuen gai) near Prince Edward MTR station are the places for seconds.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: department stores

Definitly go to Stanley Markets for seconds. Have a good look; you will be surprised what you will find at very good prices. Of course, there is also a lot of the typical tourist stuff there as well.

For perfumes and makeup I really like Sasa. You can't miss their signs - pink and white and you will see tons of them, even if you're not looking for them. Resist the temptation to buy at BNE airport, just look and jot down the prices. Bonjour is very similar to Sasa as well. I go in to all of them, which you will also find yourself doing.

Enjoy Hong Kong. I'm actually transitting through there twice in the next month. My daughter is annoyed I won't let her stay overnight.

Here is the HK website for Sasa.

web2.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/sasa/home.jsp

There is a store locator along the bottom of the page.

Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: department stores

hi, Thanks to all of you for your replys. I am so grateful to all the people that give me so much of their knowledge and time.

I will make sure I go check out these places.

i

Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: department stores

Sorry. this thankyou came up under masaloi and it was from Ten. Thanks again