We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

What would be the FASTEST way to get from the airport to Pen Hotel? if i take the airport express train do i need to take a cab when i get off at the Kowloon station?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Yes, you need to take a cab after getting off at the Airport Express Kowloon Station, hotel and station are not within walking distance. This should be at least one of the fastest way, unless you just miss a train and has to wait 12 minutes. A cab can also drive you all the way to the Pen from airport in about 35 minutes, more or less the same as train plus cab.

The Pen has a helipad on its roof, and the airport apron has some temporary helipads too, but I don't know whether there is such a service between airport and the Pen, ask the Pen if you're interested.

New York
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

thank you tin for your prompt response. one more thing if you'd be so kind. what would be the cost of the airport express-taxi to the Pen as opposed to straight cab ride?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Airport Express costs HK$90 per person to Kowloon Station. But from now till 14 December this year, there are group tickets - HK$140 for 2 persons, HK$190 for 3 persons, HK$220 for 4 persons. The cab ride to Pen from Kowloon Station is about HK$40 plus HK$5 for each bag. cab ride all the way from airport costs about HK$270 plus HK$5 for each bag.

Houston, TX
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Another option is to take the bus because it will take you right to the Penisula Hotel. They leave very frequently and we thought it was quite quick and much less expensive than the train/taxi options.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
978 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Halo212, In my opinion the easiest way would be to hop on the airport bus as it takes you right opposite the hotel. I think it's the A21 and costs about HKD30 so is cheap too. Having said that, if you're staying at the Pen then I guess money isn't really an issue!

Level Contributor
4,194 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

I think halo212 was specifically asking for the "fastest" way (in block capitals) from the airport to the Pen Hotel.

Level Contributor
4,194 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

I agree with Tin that the Airport Express (to Kowloon Station) and hiring a taxi from there to the Pen combination is the "fastest" route.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Re the Peninsula Hotel -- I just read that they have a fleet of 50 Rolls Royces - the largest one in the world -- with drivers, of course, it would be a shame to miss that opportunity -- perhaps you could advise them when you are about to leave Narita and they could pick you up at the station instead of cabbing it --

Little Rock,AR
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Halo212. I have stayed at the pen several times and the rolls are VERY nice. They can pick you up at the airport and it ususally takes about 35 min to get there depending on the time you arrive. Once they pick you up they offer you a nice cold bottle of water and a cold towel.... VERY nice way to ride into town.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to the Peninsula Hotel

Native - can you tell me how much the Rolls are please? We are staying the in the Pen next year and would love to arrive in style!

Thanks a lot.