We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for HK trip

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help for HK trip

Hi everyone,

I will be visiting HK for 1 week at the end of January with my boyfriend and would like so help.

We will be staying at the Excelsior in Causeway Bay and would like to know if there is any nice cheap places where we could have lunch or dinner? I love dim sum so if anyone can recommend a not so expensive place that would be great.

We would like to buy a camcorder and ipods can anyone tells us where the best place?

Is there any designer outlets in HK?

Many thanks

K

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
305 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for HK trip

Just to remind you that many shops and restaurants will be closed for Chinese New Year holidays (Jan. 28-31, 2006). Some shops or restaurants will be closed until about Feb. 4, 2006

London, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for HK trip

I will be there from the 19th-26 of January.

Many thanks

K

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for HK trip

Near your hotel, along Lockhart Road or Jaffe Road has cheap places to eat. Also cross the tramway, on Jardine's Bazaar there are cheap local food outlets.

Dim sum - Maxim's inside Hennessy Centre on 500 Hennessy Road (just opposite Sogo department store) has dim sum on trolleys, medium priced, this one is usually easier for westerners. Cheaper ones can be found inside Causeway Bay Plaza I (jucntion of Lockhart Road and Percival Street) or Elizabeth House (junction of Jaffe Road and Percival Street). All of them are within walking distance from Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay.

Broadway and Fortress are the two big chain stores to buy camcorder and ipods, they might not be the cheapest, at least they are safe, and their prices are negoitable. Near your hotel, Broadway has a store at Hang Lung Centre, junction of Paterson Street and Yee Wo Street (this is in a pedestrain zone), they are on the ground level and the first floor, but with separate entrances. Fortress has a store in JP Plaza, junction of Paterson Street and Great George Street.

London, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for HK trip

Thanks a lot for your help.

K