We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't Decide Which Hotel!

Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Can't Decide Which Hotel!

Heading to Hong Kong next week for two nights en route back to Oz and am torn between the Marco Polo Hong Kong, Sheraton, and the New World Renaisannce. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't Decide Which Hotel!

i will go with the sheraton esp. if you are a member of their loyalty program

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't Decide Which Hotel!

Which New World Renaisance? There are two. The one on Kowloon side and one on Hong Kong side?

Both the Sheraton and Marco Polo Hong Kong are on Kowloon side and they are equally good. They are very close to each other.

Both NWR's are inferior to Sheraton and MPHK. The location of the Hong Kong side one is quite inconvenient, unless you are attending an event at the Convention Centre.

Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't Decide Which Hotel!

I was looking at the one on the NWR on the Kowloon side but it seems a little bit further away than the other two. The Marco Polo is significantly cheaper than the Sheraton. I did read somewhere on TA that the Sheraton has been renovated recently. Have any renovations taken place at the Marco Polo HK or is it a bit tired? Thank for your responses guys!

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't Decide Which Hotel!

NWR Kowloon is literally across the street from the Sheraton. I'd rate it as 1/2 star "worse" than the Sheraton and MPHK but I welcome other opinions. There are three Marco Polo's on Canton Road (MPHK, MP Prince and MP Gateway) and MPHK is the oldest and IMHO the best of the three. I understand that MPHK is well maintained and as it is almost 40 years old, the room size is much more generous than the newer ones. Transportation is quite convenient next to the Star Ferry, the bus terminus and walking distance to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station as well as the new rail extension (KCR East). If MPHK's room rate is significantly cheaper than Sheraton, I'd go for MPHK.

Take the Airport Express to Kowloon Station and transfer to the K2 shuttle bus. Go to www.mtr.com.hk to see if the Tourist Transport Pass is suitable for you.