We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Peak evening restaurants - Cafe Deco?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
132 reviews
321 helpful votes
The Peak evening restaurants - Cafe Deco?

We'll be in Hong Kong for the first time in mid-July and would like to eat at the Peak in the evening. As we're vegetarian, the Cafe Deco looks good from their website. Is that our best choice (without breaking the bank)? Is it possible to reserve by e-mail? Isn't reserving 2 weeks in advance to assure a table with a great view risky in mid-July as it is rainy season? Any advice would be great - thanks!

melbourne
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: The Peak evening restaurants - Cafe Deco?

I have been to Cafe Deco a couple of times. On my first visit I considered myself lucky to be shown to a table near the window without a reservation. Just in the right place at the right time I suppose. However it was raining quite heavily that evening and the rain and mist pretty much obscured the views.

On my second trip I sat outside on the narrow balcony. The new Sky Terrace (built in front of the Peak Galleria) unfortunately spoils some of the views if you are seated in that half.

As for the meal it was quite nice and more reasonably priced than I expected. It is a large and quite noisy restaurant so dont go there if you are looking for something "romantic".

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
132 reviews
321 helpful votes
2. Re: The Peak evening restaurants - Cafe Deco?

Thanks for the advice! Tom

3. Re: The Peak evening restaurants - Cafe Deco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 09, 2009