We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kowloon Hotel/inn

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kowloon Hotel/inn

As a first timer in Hongkong what would you suggest for a place to a stay in Kowloon which is safe and affordble?

What is the estimated rate for twin sharing, will be there by end of November.

Mentioned in this post
The Kowloon Hotel
The Kowloon Hotel
1,835 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kowloon Hotel/inn

Most places in urban are safe. It is quite difficult to predict the hotel price for end of November, and they fluctuate all the times. But here is some figures for November 2004 according to the Tourism Board. Average room price for tier-1 hotels was HK$1555, for tier-2 hotels was HK$738, for tier-3 hotels was HK$463, for tourist guesthouses was HK$296. Overall occupancy rate for November 2004 was 96%. Secondly, the hotel prices has increased by 16.4% on average for first half 2005 when compared with first half of 2004, so you need to multiply this factor to estimate the 2005 prices. November has a very good weather and so as the occupancy rate. Hope this helps and you can find an affordable place.

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong Tourism Board
Hong Kong Tourism Board
324 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,150 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kowloon Hotel/inn

Not to argue with the FACTS that Tin posted... but in general, and more realistic... I think one is looking prices more like below: (I find that I am quoted THESE kind of prices when high season)

5 star hotel- $ 1500-$2000 a night

4 star- $ 1100-$1500 a night

3 star- $ 600-$800 a night

based on double occupancy. NOT including the 13 % yet.