We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dan Ryan's

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
warwickshire, uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Dan Ryan's

What is Dan Ryan's like?, reviews i have read don't really say what is like only the food they serve. Would i need to book a table?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dan Ryan's

Dan Ryan's food is similar to Ruby Tuesday or Shooter 52, American food, of course they are not exactly the same. They serve steak, baked potato, salad, pasta etc. You can see their menu at

http://www.danryans.com/dans/reg_menu.html

Booking is not always necessary, but to do so would be better, just phone them, it won't cost you anything even if you don't turn up.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dan Ryan's

Dan Ryan's is pretty cool, a reflection of an old Chicago restaurant. Dark wood, booths, US memobilias, etc. Food is of the usual US restuarant menu : Ribs, T-bone, potato skin etc. It is much better than Chili's or TGIF or most of the mass US chain restaurants. The must trys are : Clam Chowder and Onion Rings. Dont forget to get their free key ring (beautifully designed).

Northamptonshire
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dan Ryan's

Dan Ryan's is well worth a visit I would recommend the clam chowder which is served inside a small loaf of bread!! Both service and food is great with a wide range on the menu and as said before don't forget to grab a free keyring or 2!!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dan Ryan's

I think Dan Ryans' a good restaurant for families..... good food, but HUGE portions, and a little bit on the pricey side. We go there every weekend, my toddler loves it there as they give crayons, and fun artwork to do to keep her busy, and free balloon and keychain..... great service from the waiters too.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dan Ryan's

it is a really busy place, they used to take reservations (not sure if they have changed since 2 years back). So do try to make reservations if they do take them. There were times even with a reservation, I had to wait 10 mins at the bar but it is alright coz the bar is a great people watching place and they do serve appetizers there. Ask the concierge to make one for you.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dan Ryan's

Dan Ryans is fine if you want American food - but why eat American food when you are in Hong Kong.

If you do want American food however, I have found the Outback Steakhouse in Causeway Bay a good option. Tel No + 852-2881-8012

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dan Ryan's

I agree with Steve:

>> Dan Ryans is fine if you want American food - but why eat American food when you are in Hong Kong. <<

I went to Dan Ryan's purely because my parents had eaten there several years earlier.

Whilst there was nothing wrong with the food, I thought it was pricey, and I felt as though I could've been sitting in any restaurant in any city in the world. No local flavour whatsoever.

warwickshire, uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dan Ryan's

I have a very fussy 3 year old son, as we will be in Hong Kong for a week i have to find somewhere for him to eat. If anyone has any other recommendations then please let me know. He won't eat fish as well as a lot of other foods. I had thought somewhere american would have been ideal for him at least he would eat it!!

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dan Ryan's

>> I have a very fussy 3 year old son ... I had thought somewhere american would have been ideal for him at least he would eat it!! <<

Oh dear.

In that case, Dan Ryan's it is!