We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

miami beach
2 posts
Save Topic
ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

It appears from the turbojet website that there is no longer ferry service from hong kong island to shenzhen airport. however the shenzhen airport website has a schedule for this service. Is there indeed still a service linking hk island with shenzhen?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

No, only Hong Kong airport or Kowloon. Shenzhen airport's website doesn't mention ferry services to Hong Kong island either.

Bus services from Hong Kong to Shenzhen airport: trans-island.com.hk/eng/china-line_szj.htm

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

The Shenzhen airport does list ferries from HK island:

http://www.szairport.com/catalog_494.aspx

However- I'm not sure who runs the ferries - not Turbojet or Chu Kong, so I'm not sure if the airport English page is up to date or not.

If you use Trans-Island coaches (given by ellyse), make sure you catch the buses using the Shenzhen Bay crossing for Shenzhen airport. Much quicker than using Huanggang crossing. There is also this service from Kowloon station to Shenzhen airpor, www.chinalink.hk/co_service_routes16.html that takes 75 minutes.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

I checked the Chinese version, which I presume is more up-to-date.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,908 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

There is no ferry service linking Hong Kong Island to Shenzhen anymore. And there is only one sailing per day from Kowloon's China Hong Kong City Pier at Canton Roat at 8:45 in the morning.

buffalo, ny
Level Contributor
60 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

ok...we're flying into Shenzhen on a Saturday (March 28th), and after reading what I could of the info on the airport site, it looks like there are ferries running pretty much all day on Saturday ...from Shenzhen to Hong Kong island. Does this sound correct to you guys ? Maybe I am misreading the information ? Any updates would be appreciated !

Chris

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

Your information sounds wrong. Read what we've been saying on this thread's earlier replies.

buffalo, ny
Level Contributor
60 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

yes, I have read them...that's why the confusion with the web page...maybe it's not up to date.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,908 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

The only ferry that goes to Hong Kong's city area is the one at 16:30 that goes to Kowloon's China Hong Kong City pier.

If your schedule does not match, there are cross-border coaches that you can take. For $100, you can take one that goes to Kowloon Station.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

There are cross-border coaches from Shenzhen airport to Hong Kong Island.

10. Re: ferry from hong kong island to shenzhen airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 21, 2009