We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must see itinerary for 4 days in hong kong?

port st lucie
Level Contributor
254 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
must see itinerary for 4 days in hong kong?

hi. i am planning a trip to hong kong next october.... other than disney are there any ruins or historical landmarks that are a must see? beauttiful scenery? and most important...what about the night life..... thanks for the help!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: must see itinerary for 4 days in hong kong?

My favorite tourist attractions in HK are :

1) Victoria Peak

2) Lantau Island

But if you are only interested in historical sites, try these :

1) Ping Shan Heritage Trail (Yuen Long)

2) Man Mo Temple

other recommedations :

Tung Wah Museum

Tin Hau Temple

Che Kung Temple

Hong Kong Heritage Museum

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: must see itinerary for 4 days in hong kong?

Welcome to Hong Kong!

The most famous tample in Hong Kong (Amoung locals) is not Man Mo or Tin Hau, that is Wong Tai Sin which you can go there directly from MTR. IT is so so popular that you will see more than a hundred fortune tellers and incent shops there and you will see hundreds of people worshiping together! It is very easy to go, just take MTR and get off in Wong Tai Sin station (Wong Tai Sin is actually the name of the God in Chinese). That MTR station is made esspecially for that temple. You will see signs telling you how to go.

For historial Landmark, another place you may visit is Murray House in Stanley. Sorry that even I am a local, I can't think of anything that is historial! That's all I can suggest!

Haha nnight life! hahaha, many many choice, tell me what do you after? Bar? Restaurants? disco? Clubs? If you want those, i think you just go through the messages in the forum then you will get so much informaiton. but if you want something more local, please tell me what you after and will give my suggestion.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: must see itinerary for 4 days in hong kong?

There is a Museum of Coastal Defence on the eastern part of Hong Kong Island which was originally a fort. You can see weapons, pictures, torpedo station and many other historical things there. To go there, take MTR underground trains to MTR Shau Kei Wan Station and then a short taxi ride. More at

lcsd.gov.hk/CE/Museum/Coastal/en/index.php

Want more?

You can hike along the trial of War Relics on the mountains of Kowloon. You will see wartime ruins of World War II. As a bonus, you can also see the Beacon Hill aeronautical radar station. And a little detour will bring you to the head of the Lion Rock, beautiful scenery but this requires medium hiking skills ! More at

…afcd.gov.hk/newparks/…wrtrail.htm

[I find it easier to access the trial from Tai Po Road (the end of it) and walk towards the beginning of it.]