We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

majestic, empire or BP international?

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
majestic, empire or BP international?

hi we've narrowed down our hotels to the last 3 because of our budget, we've also checked out the distance to the MTR and they all seemed pretty close. To those who have stayed in any of them or know any information of, which ones would you pick?

Metropole was okay too but looked pretty far from the MTR

and we've crossed of Prudential because of the bad reviews.

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: majestic, empire or BP international?

It may be a case of bait and switch but Hong Kong hotel management is well known to be short sighted and to have poor discipline comparing to their world wide counterparts when quoting room rate more than 30~60 days in advance. Hence it is very difficult to financially plan a trip to Hong Kong more than 30~60 days in advance unless you prepare to pay the top rack rate, or wait until the last minute hoping for the best. In most other 1st class cities, this is not a problem.

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: majestic, empire or BP international?

thanks alot for your recommendations. Will not book with asiarooms again, they told us our hotel was fully booked and also charged our credit card, won't return the money until 5-15 working days!! We're students so we're on a budget and thought it was a good idea as these sites offer extremely good value, this is our 4th booking in which was all unsucessful. We're giving bestflights.com.au one last shot. We have tried contacting the hotels, but the rates are still expensive, our budget is $140 AUD per night, i guess we're just asking for too much with our budget as we want a good location and 3*. If only i had booked well ahead of time... never knew booking a hotel is such a headache!! guess it's just us.... anyways, have heaps of fun in HK!!! You should be out and about eating and shopping!!

cheers

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: majestic, empire or BP international?

I have previously used Farrington American Express, URL www.amextravel.com.hk, the Amex travel franchise in HK and received good service. The rate may not be the best but certainly a reputable brand and I used them for that sole reason.