We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katetam,can you help!!

dorset,england
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Katetam,can you help!!

Hi Katetam,can you help me regarding the ongoing renervations at the Island Shangri-La hotel on Hong Kong Island.dO YOU HAVE ANY INSIDER imformation,or do you know anyone,who knows anyone,who knows anyone who works there ,when next year these are likley to be completed eg,spring,summer, winter.Were hpoing to stay there next october 9.Thanks a million,dorsettraveler.

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Katetam,can you help!!

Hi,

Sorry I can't help you with the renovations question. I think the best thing is to write directly to the hotel to ask, although no one really can promise, they can ALWAYS change their date of completion. They do it all the time here with our roads.

However, I think ALL hotels are getting geared up for Disneyland's opening in Sept 12, 2005. So, you can pretty much bet it should be finished LATEST by then ! HAHAHAHA

However, when are you planning to stay at the Island Shangri-la ? It's very pricey compared to the other possible choices, but it's definitely a nice hotel right above an expensive mall.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Katetam,can you help!!

Sorry, didn't see your date there Oct 9.... that's the FAMOUS Golden week for China visitors... they get like 10 days off so hotels are INSANELY busy, and stores are crazy during this time.... you are planning for one of the most busy time of the year other than May's 1st week, and Chinese New Year.

There are also a few major conventions too during that time. But Island Shangri-la isn't one hotel that China visitors stay at b/c it's so pricey... so you should be safe there. Oct 9 means Disneyland is already opened for less than 1 month....

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong Disneyland
Hong Kong Disneyland
14,585 Reviews
Hong Kong, China