We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Macau

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
8 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip to Macau

Hi I am going to be in HK for a week in November and would like to go to Macau for a day. Can anybody tell me what the ferry options are for travelling there (ie how long does the trip take). Also would it be worth my while to stay overnight in Macau?

Many thanks

Jenz

:~)

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Macau

Information in this previous thread should be helpful. Please post again if you have any specific question.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k195…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Macau

Ferry from Kowloon side is China Ferry Terminal On Canton Road, the ferry is called FIRST FERRY, and they depart every 30 minutes, there is a promotion right now, $ 100 off until end of Sept. The ferry will take 1 hr and 15 min to get to Macau. Very comfortable.

From HK side, it's Shun Tak Center/Ferry Terminal (MTR Sheung Wan), by TURBOJET. It's more expensive than First Ferry, they are like catamarans. Also about 1 hour to get to Macau.

In my opinion, although Macau is very small, it's a little hectic and rushed to get back to HK on the same day, I always stay overnight in Macau to relax and enjoy a wonderful Portuguese dinner and desserts...... and back to the hotel to relax.

Have fun.

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Macau

Thank you both very much for your replies

:~)