We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore and Hong Kong (with child with a lift phobia!)

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Horsley
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore and Hong Kong (with child with a lift phobia!)

Am considering a trip to both Singapore and Hong Kong in October. Due to an unfortunate incident in a faulty lift in Istanbul when he was very small, my son is reluctant to enter a lift which I know will be a problem with high rise hotels. He thinks he can cope with the external bubble lift at the Pan Pacific in Singapore (as he can see out!). Our major problem is with suggestions for Hong Kong - my husband and I have stayed at the Excelsior in the past (without son) and I know that hotel wouldn't be suitable. When I contact travel companies they repeat the same mantra - we'll do our best but there are no guarantees! My son is capable of negotiating enormous amounts of stairs but twenty or thirty floors up is pushing it a bit! Would appreciate any advice for this rather strange request!!

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore and Hong Kong (with child with a lift phobia!)

If you son can handle external bubble lift, you can consider Royal Garden at Tsimshatsui East. There are 3 lifts with clear glass at the center of an atrium lobby - EXCEPT ground floor & 3/F (where the coffe shop located), both covered by cement wall that he can't see out. If that make him nervous, you can go to the 3/F by escalator, walk through the coffee shop then change to the lift.

Horsley
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore and Hong Kong (with child with a lift phobia!)

Thank you very much for your advice - have looked at reviews for this hotel and they look very promising.