We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jewellery & rosegold

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
jewellery & rosegold

Hi

Another question i forgot, is jewellery worth buying in Hong Kong, I love sapphires and am looking for a sapphire and diamond ring but wondered how the prices compared to Australia also is rosegold jewellery available there

thanks again

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jewellery & rosegold

jewellery is DEFINITELY worth buying in HK, and the styles you see sometimes are one of a kind ! BUT, if you buy jewellery, you MUST buy from somewhere that is trustworthy, b/c there are many many scams in HK. No matter HOW good it looks and how real.... it can very very well be fake.

Be careful.

If you buy from trustworthy dealers and shops, sometimes you will find good prices, and excellent choice of styles and quality.

HK is one of the best places to shop for watches and jewellery.

Rosegold is NOT the most popular here in HK, people here like 24 K for gifts, and platinum for couples....

But almost all jewellery stores will have some choices of rosegold. There are trendier jewellery chain stores (for younger people)..... that would have these.... b/c older generations prefer 24 K if buying gold.

Have fun.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jewellery & rosegold

Thanks for your advice, I guess that was one question answered as most of our everyday jewellery is 9ct gold in Australia and not as bright as gold purchased in Asian countries, i am looking for a ring to compliment my sapphire engagement ring so would like a 18ct ring

thanks again Katetam

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jewellery & rosegold

Hi

Maybe my post might be late but as a jeweler, i would not recommend you to buy rose gold.