We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
Level Contributor
12 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen

5 Guihua Road, Futian Free Trade Zone Shenzhen, Guangdong 518038 China

Hi all,

We are taking our first trip to Hong Kong and will be staying at the above hotel.

Does anyone have any data on it? I know it is new, so we are expecting a nice place , especially for the price.

Also, approx. how far or long of a ride to this area from the airport?

Or any suggestions for a hotel closer to the Hong Kong airprt??

Thanks for any help...

Cheers,

Rick

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
345 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen

Don't get it at all. Are you coming to HK. The hotel you mentioned is in Shenzhen, China. It is NOT HK. Don't know where you are from. You may need a visa to check in that hotel after landing.

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen

Are you planning to visit Hong Kong or Shenzhen? There is border immigration and custom and excise formalities from HK to China (Shenzhen) and vice versa. Assuming that you're an American citizen, while you do not require a visa to visit HK, one is required to visit mainland China. If you intend to stay in Shenzhen and commute to HK frequently, make sure that you have a multiple entries Chinese visa. If your plan is to stay in Shenzhen mainly, you may want to consider flying into Shenzhen directly. Otherwise, I suggest to find a hotel in HK proper.

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen

I saw only outside of this hotel while crossing the boarder via Huanggang port, no intention to stop and find out more details as Huanggang is not a nice place to hang around, this area are overwhelmed by container trucks, massage parlors, mafia, prositutes.... just hope you know what you are doing!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen

Alex,

I think what we are all trying to tell you is SHENZHEN is NOT HONG KONG. Although both are part of China, Shenzhen is not in HK !

Shenzhen is 1 hour away by train from HK, and you have immigration and customs to go through, and you need a visa to enter into Shenzhen.