We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanley Market

Singapore
Level Contributor
252 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Stanley Market

Hi, I would like to know a little bit more about Stanley Market?

What type of shops are there? What type of things do they sell?

Are prices cheaper than shops in Central/TST???

Also, can someone suggest a good inexpensive restaurant to have dinner there? (Doesn't have to be chinese food...western food like pizza/spaghetti is fine too!)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stanley Market

I really enjoy Stanley Market. We went there twice on our last trip. You can buy the usual souvenirs, shoes, clothing, sporting goods and inexpensive jewellry there. Totally different to what is in Central or TST. Make sure you allow several hours there.

We usually go to buy the clothing - past seasons styles at a fraction of the cost. (I know, because I bought the identical pants AUS$120 here last winter for only AUS$8 at Stanley Markets) Many top Australian and US brands there and I'm sure European - but remember last season or earlier and some of the clothing are copies.

You will find lots of restaurants along the beach front. We had a lovely pasta/pasta meal there. Sorry can't remember the name.

Catch the bus from opposite the Star Ferry Terminal on HK Island side - it's a scenic trip.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stanley Market

It's not open 24 hours. It shuts down in midway through the evening. It's big and sprawling too so you get there early if you want to look around.

canada
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stanley Market

Stanley market evolves from a local bazaar decades ago, to meeting the needs of expats living between Repulse Bay to Red Hill, who in turn brought on the tourist crowd, international and now local!! Nowadays it stretched to include Ma Hang, which has a number of restaurants to meet the international tastebuds. Besides pizza and pasta you can also find tapa.

Hong Kong
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stanley Market

There is a 6-storry building "Stanley Plaza" and a 3-storey building "Murray House" at the end of Stanley Main St. Foods are good in the Murray House.

housingauthority.gov.hk/en/…00.html