We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i want to ask

jakarta
1 post
Save Topic
i want to ask

i want to go to hongkong in the this decemeber. im an indonesian, do i need visa to go there, coz my husband is a british and have a permanent residence there so i want to stay there one month. please give me information...

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: i want to ask

Indonesians may visit Hong Kong without visa and stay for 30 days. It is one day less than 1 month if you arrive in December. This is regardless of a British husband having permanent residence in Hong Kong.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: i want to ask

And for the avoidance of doubt, you must apply for a visa before travelling to Hong Kong if you intend to stay for 1 month, because 1 month is longer than 30 days in your case. And furthermore, both the arrival day and departure day are counted as one day each, so for example, if you arrive on 5th December, then you must leave by 3rd January the latest when without visa.

And generally, visitors are required to have adequate funds to cover the duration of their stay without working, and have return or onward tickets unless in transit to the mainland of China or Macau.