We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

Hi there,

May I know where are the designer factory outlets in Hong Kong? I will be visiting Hong Kong in Dec and would love to so some serious shopping :)

Also, is there a year end/winter sale happening in Hong Kong in the month of December? If so, kindly advise me on the duration.

Looking forward to replies....

Thank you.

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

http://www.citygateoutlets.com.hk

Yes, December is winter...

California
Level Contributor
203 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

I went to the citygates outlet website and found a great list of shops. But where is it? I searched the entire website and couldn't find a location.

Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

HI Gemma'smum,

I believed it is at Tung Chung, Lantau Island.

Rgds

Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

Hiyeee....

one more add on:

Directions: Next to Tung Chung MRT station- the end station of the Tung Chung line. You can visit the Giant Budhha at the same time- which is half hour away by bus or cable car.

South Australia
Level Contributor
727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

Once you get to Tung Chung and head towards the cable car area it is hard to miss. There is a fountain in the large courtyard.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,195 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

Citygate outlet is right outside the Tung Chung station so it's impossible to miss once you get there. Note that while there are many (mostly mid-grade) brand names, the prices aren't particularly attractive, especially when you come in December when sales will have started for Christmas. I would go to a regular shop in town instead where you can get similarly priced goods but a better selection.

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

I am planning for my trip this Dec too and was contemplating on going to Citygate but was too told by someone that during this period there wouldn't be much to buy as most clothings are for winter. I'm kinda disappointed upon hearing this. But then again, I'm sure there'll be other interesting stuff to do and probably fashion for the spring?

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

I stayed at the Novotel Tung Chung which is attached to the Citygate Mall. It was really easy to get here from Hong Kong city on the MRT as it is at the end of the orange line. It is a reasonably sized mall with a good selection of shops and food court. I didnt really do any shopping there, I just walked through on myway to the bus station, though the Kate Spade handbag shop I couldnt resist looking in was very reasonable!

Someone mentioned going to the Monestry while in on Lantau by cablecar - I was last there on the 9th of October and the cablecar still wasnt opened then due to an incident in June. You can get the bus which takes about an hour I think and runs very regularly costs HK$16 per person one way. I have read that they are hoping to have the cablecar running again by the end of the year.

Hope this helps!

Toronto
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

If you're traveling during the times with the universal sales, the better quality goods will probably just be at the same price as the lower quality goods sold at the outlets.

HK
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Designer Factory outlets in Hong Kong?

The Official adidas Factory Outlet has moved to Hung Hom:

Puma Factory Outlet

Hong Kong’s first Puma Factory Outlet has opened in Hung Hom.

The new outlet located within Tanka Sport Outlet mega store, if you recall from our November issue, they also house the official adidas Factory Outlet. This is the largest outlet shop in East Kowloon.

All stocks are available at up to 70% off retail price

Puma Factory Outlet / adidas Factory Outlet

Flat J, 1/F Kaiser Estate Phase 2. 51 Man Yue Street

Hung Hom. Kowloon (10 min taxi from Tsim Tsa Tsui)

Tel: 2364 9122 / 2793 2791

Business Hours: Monday to Saturday 9:30 am till 7:30 pm

Sunday 10:30 am till 7:00 pm

Timberland also has outlets (excluding Citygate) operated by Tanka Sport Outlet:

Retail location include:

1, 174 Hennessy Road Wanchai. Hong Kong (Tel: 28936389)

2, Shop G9 and G15 Home World. Provident Centre. Wharf Road.

North Point. Hong Kong (Tel: 22141088/ 22141718)

3, 75 Lion Rock Road. Kowloon City. Kowloon (Tel: 23821281)