We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

Hey people, me again... hee

I'm just asking advice on whether the group of us (4 girls, first time to HK) should go up the Peak at night? Of cos we would love to see the scenery and night lights, but our concern is, cos we're going free&easy, will we be able to find our way back to the Majestic Hotel...

So anyone?

Thanks!

Katrina

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

if it's a clear sky night... yes, the Peak has a spectacular view of HK..... there are taxis, buses, mini bus, and the tram (depending how late you are going)..... that would bring you back down to Central and Admiralty... where MTR is accessible easily.

it costs about $ 40.00-$50.00 by taxi one way from the peak back down..... might be worth it if you have 4 of you.

Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

OK...how did you do it?????

Get your pretty face into the post????

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

Masaloi, at the top right-hand corner of the page there is a link called 'settings'. Via that, you can add a pic alongside your name ...

Level Contributor
4,208 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

You have to try the funky funicular tramway up to or down from the peak! (Otherwise it's like going to Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower.)

Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

SnowFallingOnCedars

Thanks for the tip

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

oh i see... thanks Katetam and TeddyBTraveller!

So there are taxis up at the peak?

What time would you guys suggest we go up the peak then? around 7pm? How much would the buses cost? Is there any websites where I can get more info? Haha I feel a little embarrassed to keep asking qns here... =p

And yup, we'll definitely be taking the tram up the peak... =)

Level Contributor
4,208 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

Yes, go to www.thepeak.com.hk.

If the 4 of you travel together, might as well share a taxi.

You can easily spend a few hours at the Peak expecially if you want to stroll around. There're lots more than Mt. Faber if that's what you're having in mind.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

FYI. After 1030pm at night, some of the restaurants on the Peak have half-off specials.

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

TeddyBTraveller:

hahaha yes how did you know i was thinking of mt faber... well now that i've been told it's much more interesting, we'll probably go there earlier... and thanks for the address!

DarthAnonymous:

oh i didnt know that... hee thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the Peak, is it advisiable to go at night?

hey guys, i just found out from the website TeddyBTraveller provided, that the Peak Tower is currently undergoing revitalisation... my qns is then, will our experience be greatly affected? o_0?