We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK - hotel, nightlife, msaage, marketing....help

United Kingdom
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HK - hotel, nightlife, msaage, marketing....help

Hii

34 year old british single traveller visting HK for 4 nights. Need to know night hangouts from HK dudes. Refer me some great massage parlours if you can, and some place to buy cheap Tshirts of nike and adidas...a flea market will do..

Is it allowed to take a body massage in the hotel room like they allow in singapore and thailand? Planning to put up in Wharney or Rosedale...any suggns from pals?

Daviddude

HK
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HK - hotel, nightlife, msaage, marketing....help

Night Hangouts:

You'll find plenty of pubs lining the streets of the Wan-Chai district and Causeway Bay district. Causeway Bay is has plenty of lounges, bars and several smaller clubs, while Wan-Chai has more clubs but less lounges. My suggestion is chill out at Causeway until around 10 or 11 at night; then head over to Wan-Chai and party. Though depending on what day you go, there are going to be plenty of under-age drinking around because well...Hong Kong is less strict than the UK on drinking/smoking laws. Don't believe me? You'll see ;)...

Cheap T-shirts and etc.:

Stanley market. Hands down. Obviuosly in the Stanley district.

My suggestion:

1. Go eat lunch at the amazing ocean-view resturants.

2. Go shopping at the Stanley market only a 1 minute walk away.

3. Come back to the bar/resturant area for a drink.

4. Sit out on the rocks with the sun on your face.

HK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HK - hotel, nightlife, msaage, marketing....help

Oh yeah, forgot the massage parlours:

I would stick to the services offered by the hotels. Unless you know for sure some reputable massage parlour because otherwise, you might find yourself in some trouble with stolen items etc.

Dhahran
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HK - hotel, nightlife, msaage, marketing....help

Beware of seedy massage parlors and bars with topless girls. You will be rip off, guaranteed.

4. Re: HK - hotel, nightlife, msaage, marketing....help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:50 am, May 10, 2005