We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry

Ferry to Wan Chai or to Central? I want to stroll early in the morning, which is better? Just for an hour or two, because I have a flight at 11:30 am. I am looking for attractions or must visit places

7 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry

There's nowhere much to stroll near the Wanchai Ferry Pier, so on that basis I would say Central. I assume you are referring to the Star Ferry from TST? For a flight at 11:30am you need to bel leaving Central at 10am latest. There's not much open at that time, so you're limited largely to just the views.

Edited: 11:00 am, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Star Ferry
Star Ferry
20,247 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry

Arguably the better waterfront stroll is on Kowloon side. As soon as you're past the construction site next to the Intercontinental you have a waterfront promenade stretching via Hung Hom and Laguna Verde all the way into To Kwa Wan.

Mentioned in this post
The Kowloon Hotel
The Kowloon Hotel
1,835 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hung Hom
Hung Hom
105 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
1,851 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry

If you're on Kowloon side, you won't need to ferry across as the best stroll in the TST prom. Riding on the ferry in the morning is fun though.

Mentioned in this post
The Kowloon Hotel
The Kowloon Hotel
1,835 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry

Just for an hour or two, ...must visit places

Places.... ==> Place

Sorry, you hardly have enough time. Go and walk around the Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade. Enjoy the iconic view of Victoria Harbour, skyline from Wan Chai to Sheung Wan with Victoria Peak as a backdrop. Take the Star Ferry to Central. Can linger a little bit longer around Central Promenade. Then walk to Hong Kong MTR Station to take Airport Express train directly to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
4,775 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Victoria Harbour
Victoria Harbour
5,772 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Sheung Wan
Sheung Wan
287 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Star Ferry
Star Ferry
20,247 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
MTR
MTR
19,760 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Airport Express
Airport Express
11,214 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry

Thank you for all your ideas. Now I think I will take the first ferry ride from TST to Central, take a stroll, eat some famous street food then take a lot of pictures then back to TST to do the same thing. Btw, I will be arriving in HK at 11:30pm this 12th and I saw some posts about a bar at the top of a tower, I'm not sure if I do need a ticket or what is the age requirement?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry

Not much street food around Central. You can try the stalls at Pier 5 or 6 next to Star Ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Star Ferry
Star Ferry
20,247 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry

Street food... end of Stanley Street has some dai pai dongs. I don't know what time they open, and it's quite a long way from the ferry pier. And indeed some stalls in the ferry piers, mostly targeting the ferry passengers of course.

Mentioned in this post
Stanley, Hong Kong
Stanley, Hong Kong
2,879 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Reply to: Ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted