We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies Market & Night Market

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ladies Market & Night Market

My wife and I will be visiting HK from Singapore in May, and staying 2 nights at Harbour Plaza Metropolis at own expense, and thereafter at Marriott at company expense.

We land on a Sat night, and my wife is keen to visit Ladies Market after hotel check-in.

My question is - what time do the stalls at the night market close for business on weekends? I estimate we will reach the night market only at 11pm or so, or should we go earlier another night? Also what are good late supper spots at the night market areas? Thanks in advance.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies Market & Night Market

Ladies Market on weekdays ..... closes around 11:00pm... weekends ... there are a lot more hawkers and stalls... opened usually beyond midnight. More to see definitely.

If you want to go after 11:00pm... perhaps you want to go to Temple street instead. Different kind of things... but definitely an unique experience not only for tourists, but for us locals as well. It's such a sight.

Supper spots in Mongkok.... so many. Too many to name. Try HUI LAU SHAN (the dessert place) Mangoes are the most famous.

Try wonton noodles, congee, and if you dare, the street stalls that sell yummy fish balls, stinky tofu, and egg waffles are awesome.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies Market & Night Market

Thanks Kate for the advice

Definitely will try the food. In fact I have 2.5 days on my own while wifey is engaged at work so lots of food adventure for me. Looking forward to nai cha, ying yong, ngau lam noodles, wanton noodles, congee with fritters, dim sum, Yung Kee goose, etc

What's the chance to try some of the private kitchens?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies Market & Night Market

Hi Redheifer,

Do you like spicy Szechuan food ? There is a good "speakeasy" (private ) kitchen on Lan Kwai Fong's upstairs. It's called Chau Ma Ma, EXCELLENT spicy szechuan food. For dinner it's set menu $ 180 HKD per person. It's AWESOME food.

The other one is good, Italian... called Gio's on Hillwood Road (Tsim Sha Tsui)... a little pricier, it's $ 380 HK ( I think) for 5 course dinner.

Ooh la la is another great French Restaurant...

These are all private kitchens. Awesome.