We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency Nathan St

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency Nathan St

Is this considered to be a good hotel and in a good location.

And is any one familiar with room sizes.

Thankyou

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency Nathan St

Good location. Just next to the MTR. Tsimshatsui is also one of the shopping areas.

I haven't stayed in the hotel. But I remember it's been there for a long time. More than 20 years.

BTW, the Chinese restaurant is very good.

Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency Nathan St

lsypeng,

Thanks for that but a 20 year history might suggest it's a bit tired.

If you are familiar with the areas can you advise me the difference between the Tsimshatsui and the Yau Ma Tei area and whether they are a great distance apart.

If you look at my posting "Open to Assistance" you will see that I have been torn between the KOWLOON HOTEL in Tsimshatsui and THE MAJESTIC in Yau Ma Tei.

The MAJESTIC though a 3star against The KOWLOON 4 star seems to sit better with the particular needs we 3 adults require for accomodation but in accepting that have we lost out on a great deal with regard to locaion????

We are ACTIVE 60+ and don't ming a brisk walk but wouldn't really want to have to hike too far for transport.

Leave it with you

masa

AUSTRALIA

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency Nathan St

TST and YMT are not far away. If you take a bus from TST to YMT, you'll travel northward along Nathan Road. The bus trip takes around 10 minutes. If you take MTR, YMT is two stops away from TST - passing Jordan in between.

I would say TST is more touristy. It's been a tourist area for a long time. More hotels and more shops for tourists. For a start, you are more likely to find someone who speaks English.

YMT is more a local residential area. There are some hotels, I think. But the tourists are mostly Mainlanders.

Majestic Hotel, however, is situate between YMT and Jordan. It's even closer to Jordan MTR station than to YMT station. I guess it takes you about 5 minutes to walk to the hotel along Nathan Road.

Kowloon Hotel is next to the Penninsula Hotel at TST. I guess a walk from TST station also takes about 5 minutes.

As far as location, there isn't much difference between Majestic and Kowloon - unless you have to stay in TST.

I haven't stayed in either, but have seen friends staying there. Rooms in either hotel are small.

Hope this would help. Have a good time in HK!

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Regency Nathan St

Hyatt Kowloon is well located, just around the corner from Kowloon Hotel but it may be a little tired. The Hyatt is scheduled for domolition next year and I don't expect the owner to be putting a lot of $$ other than the bare minimum to keep the hotel "operational". You will likely find this property to be slightly "worse" than others bearing the Hyatt brand name. BTW Kowloon is no longer part of the Peninsula group (sold to new owner earlier this year). I stayed at the Kowloon in March 2002. The room was small and was a little tired but the location was superior to Eaton and Majestic and the room rate then was very good.